Followers

Friday 7 April 2017

Happy Birthday for Someone Special

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

The weekend is before us. I hope you have something nice planned. The Easter Holidays have started for me. There is so much I want to do most of it is for the wedding. Tomorrow I am taking a day out and we are heading off early to go to Ally Pally. I do love that craft show. It should be fun. On Sunday we are seeing family. I do feel that over the next few months my blogging is going to get more erratic but sometimes life just gets in the way.

I have been trying to keep ahead of my makes and I made this card for a special someone. Their birthday isn't till August, what with the wedding in July and us going on holiday soon after, I wasn't sure when it would get made. I do like to be organised.


This is one of my 8"x 8" cards. I choose the image first and then I found the fabulous paper in my stash. I cut all the mats and layers to match the colours in the image. 


Sometime I struggle to put sentiments on cards. I do find this round stamp useful as it doesn't take too much room. I cut it and it mats and layers with some tonic circle dies. 


I made yellow poppies, with the Tranquil Poppy die by Creative Expressions. to reflect the flowers in the image. 


This gorgeous image is another by Pollyanna Pickering. I have a pack of images that I use from time to time.  The eagle eyed amongst you might have noticed the card I made with the left overs from this card a little while ago. 


I just have to remember where I have put this card when the time comes. 

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you are doing. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a gorgeous card Jackie great papers fit perfectly with the image.
Gr Karin

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love how the colors in the image match the colors of the papers you used!

Laine said...

I thought I had seen it before! Great card Jackie.
Laine
xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A very beautiful card Jackie, the image is lovely and I do like the striped background paper.
Hugs Janet xxx

Barb said...

Your card is very pretty Jackie. I love your colour combination. I wish I was so well organised. Barbxx

Linda Simpson said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the image of the bird and beautiful papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful card, love the image. I hope you have a super time at Ally Pally. I wanted to go but I have a dress fitting for my sister's Wedding, so may be next time. Look forward to seeing your crafty haul. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a fabulous card Jackie, the image is delightful.
Enjoy yourself tomorrow at Ally Pally.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Shabneez said...

A beautiful card Jackie - love the image and doesn't it feel good to plan ahead?! Enjoy your weekend mix of craft and family. Shabneez x

ALI said...

Lovely card, great image and coordinating papers.

pam said...

Great card Jackie, beautiful image and love the layout.
Enjoy your weekend.
Pam x

Andree said...

A lovely card Jackie. The image and papers are gorgeous. Have a fun day out at Ally xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. the topper is fab and love the backing paper. Enjoy Ally Pally and your visiting. Hugs Jennifer xx

Alison59 said...

This is so pretty Jackie :-)
Enjoy Ally Pally; I would love to go but it is too much walking and too crowded for me :-((((((

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a very beautiful card and that image is so very wonderful.
Love the design and the wonderful papers used.
I do hope you are having a great time at Ally Pally.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful birthday card today, love those cute flower die cuts and how they match the photo

Kathy said...

I love the striped background paper, its the perfect backdrop for the lovely image

Unknown said...

Lovely card Jackie. I love these colours and the die cut is a very pretty addition. Cathy x

Katie said...

beautiful card

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie

dbscraftpassion said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the colours

Donna x