Followers

Thursday 27 April 2017

Father's Day card for Quick Cards Made Easy magazine

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We are nearly at the weekend. Tomorrow we are setting off for our daughter's Hen Weekend. My husband has kindly agreed to drive us there and he will stay for one night and return  on Sunday to pick us up. It is so good that this will be a long weekend meaning we will get a day to recover.  I will be out of touch for a while as it is going to be busy.

A little while ago I responded to a request on Facebook from Quick Cards Made Easy Magazine to be one of the readers to use the bonus papers for issue 165 of the magazine. I was accepted and I was sent the papers by email to print at home. Ten people are chosen and three of the cards are printed in the magazine and all the cards appear on the Quick Cards  Facebook page.


I was quite thrilled when I saw these papers they are just brilliant for Father's Day. 


I found some online tutorials for how to fold an origami shirt I added a ribbon tie. 


This is one of the sentiments it looks like a chalk board. 


This sentiment went well with the the gardening paper. Both of our dads like gardening. 


I bought a copy of the magazine and I was thrilled to see that my card was one of the three chosen to be featured along with my little write up. 


Of course I added all my mats and layers and I found some black buttons for the corners.

I am quite looking forward to the weekend. If I can get some appropriate photos I will post them on the wedding page at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Ayoti Mittra said...

Hi Jackie,
Another nice and very detailed card. Beautiful. Hugs
Ayoti xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a great and fab card Jackie

gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is a brilliant Father's day card Jackie, loving the elements and that shirt looks fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Jackie, I have made a Fathers day card today too, xxx

Alison59 said...

Well done Jackie on being chosen again to be be published and on making a fabulous man card :-)
Enjoy your hen weekend xx

Laine said...

Such a fun card Jackie. Well done on your publications. Have a fabulous week-end.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous fathers day card Jackie and love the shirt. Hugs ~Jennifer xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
congrats on being featured in that magazine.
A well deserved accolade too.
Your card is wonderful and that shirt looks really fab too.
Lovely papers also.
I was shown many years ago how to make fooball jersey by a young man I fostered at the time.
Don't think I can remember how to do it now.
Enjoy your weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

ALI said...

Great card, love the shirt and backing papers.

Andree said...

A super card Jackie and great papers. The shirt looks wonderful. Have a fabulous weekend of celebrations xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I love that shirt and must have a go at making one. Congratulations on getting the card published. Have a lovely weekend. Cathy x

Carole Pollard said...

Well done you this is fabulous love that cute shirt a great card Love and hugs Carole x

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie! Love the detail and well done for getting it published. Enjoy the hen weekend xxx

Janet Packer said...

A super card Jackie the tie is inspired x

Carole J said...

Fabulous card Jackie - love the origami shirt! Congratulations on being published!
Enjoy the Hen Weekend.

Emma Goddard said...

Great card Jackie xx

Karenzkardz said...

Full of eye catching detail xx

Lori Kobular said...

What a great Father's Day card! My Dad was a big gardener so I really love this card! He would have loved it too!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what a great father's day card, love the cute little shirt

Jan said...

Great card Jackie xx Jan