Followers

Monday 20 February 2017

Happy Birthday - Birds by Pollyanna Pickering

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the week ahead. We had a lovely weekend. On Saturday I went to a craft workshop and my husband met a friend in town for lunch in the evening we had a meal with friends. On Sunday in the evening we headed into Southampton to see the light show on the city walls it was amazing. I hope they do more events like this in the future.

I was having a play with some new dies. I am naughty I keep buying myself new bits and pieces


I decided to make a trellis to match the image  with the Trellis Edger die set by Creative Expressions. 


The Happy Birthday was cut with a Crafter's Companion die.


This is another image from my pad of images by Pollyanna Pickering. 


To match the flowers in the image I cut the leave from green vellum with the Laurel die set by Creative Expressions and the flower with the Petite Peony Cluster die set. 


Here are some of the photos I took last night at the light show in Southampton. 


These hanging lights changed colour and made patterns all to gentle music. You could stand among them too. 


There were lots of images projected onto the historic walls. 


It is my half term holiday this week and I have managed to fill every day with seeing different people it is really nice. Someone is even taking me shopping to look at Mother of the Bride outfits. Enjoy your week. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

Wendy L said...

Your card is gorgeous Jackie. Everytime I buy something, I tell myself that it is the last, (until next time) !!!!!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Jackie. This is a fabulous card and you deserve to spend a little on yourself now and again. I must admit I will happily buy myself new crafty stuff but hate spending money on clothes etc. It is definetly more fun craft shopping!!
Your weekend sounds very busy and your photos of the light show are brilliant.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

ALI said...

Great card, the light show looked fab.

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jackie, love the birds and wonderful floral display. Beautiful photographs from the light show.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cazro said...

A great card to get the challenge started, loving your adorable flowers. Good luck with the special clothes shopping trip, I am dreading mine. Your card is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT

Sian said...

This is a really beautiful card. I love those vellum leasves. They look so delicate. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

Laine said...

Great card and photos Jackie.
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous dies for a beautiful new card today. Lovely photos

pam said...

Beautiful card design Jackie, great photos.
Pam x

Katie said...

Beautiful card and the light show looked interesting.

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. Fabulous dies and image. The light show looks wonderful xx

Rika said...

perfect card for de challenge!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie, the image is wonderful and your trellis looks fabulous. The light show pictures look amazing. Hugs Jennifer xx

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jackie, love the trellis. Hope you are enjoying half term. Cathy x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. Enjoy your break. I meant to ask where you got the tall ship die you featured recently?
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Donna Ellis said...

Thanks for sharing the light show, Jackie! Amazing how the one vining floral display brings your card to mind! Your happy bird scene makes me smile. Our feeders are busy like this all day long, with some birds being polite and taking turns, and others hogging the whole thing til they get their fill LOL Your pink flowers and lovely vellum leaves look fantastic! Wonderful card share! Wishing you a great week! hugs, de

Kathy said...

Love this image, and the trellis die works perfectly!

Great pics too

Lori Kobular said...

I love the image of the bird feeder and all those lovely birds! The lattice work with those adorable flowers really adds the perfect touch! My husband was just asking me yesterday how I keep track of all my dies! I told him not to worry about it! Who can stop by the buying when there are some many beauties out there!

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card The trellis background looks perfect I can't resist buying crafty bits (when I get the chance) I'd rather buy crafty stuff than clothes! Purely because I can never see anything I like that would fit me

Anonymous said...

i really like this card, the bird design is so eye catching

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful and I love your flowers. It sounds as if you both had a great day out. Barbxx

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card! Love how you used the image and the trellis die. So glad you joined us at MMM.

Robbie