Followers

Sunday 5 February 2017

An Anniversary Card for my dear Husband

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I managed to try on some wedding outfits yesterday and I am very encouraged there are lots of lovely things out there. Karen kindly suggested using a personal shopper in John Lewis and I may well give this a try. Today I will be mostly working on the design for the evening invitations.

As you know I am trying to get ahead with my crafty makes so that I can concentrate on the things I need to make for the wedding. I have got to April and that is when our wedding anniversary is so I made a card for him. Easter cards will be my next make.


I made the background with a stencil placed on watercolour card. Then I sprinkled a selection of  Brushos and Pixie powders over the stencil and the paper. I spritzer the surface until I was happy with the mix of colours. The stencil was lifted carefully and then placed inky side down on to a piece of card I had waiting. This way you make two backgrounds at the same time. Once it was dry I added some white die cut anchors to add to the nautical theme.


This image is from an old card. My husband liked this style painting when we were looking in the art gallery on our last cruise. It would be lovely to buy some original art work. 


The sentiment was cut with some of my Britannia dies. 


On the off chance I sent in a card to Making Cards magazine for the Your Cards feature. I was thrilled to find that it had been picked as Star Card in the February issue. 


I am sure he will like this card when the time comes. I will just have to remember where I have put it. He never looks at my blog or Facebook page so it is okay to share.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

30 comments:

Katie said...

Stunning card

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Anniversary card Jackie. Fabulous background you have created. Hugs Jennifer xx

Janet Packer said...

Beautiful card Jackie; the back complements the picture so well.

Alison59 said...

What a super card for Hubby and well done on being published :-)

Di said...

What a wonderful card! Love that you were published, well deserved!

Hugs

Di xx

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning man design its perfect good luck with the invites and glad you enjoyed your first wedding outfit shop Love and hugs Carole x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card for your husband....great background....well done getting your card published...Joolsx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

wow, gorgeous background, great die cuts, what a lovely card for the anniversary. How awesome getting published

ALI said...

Fab card for your hubby, how lovely to be published.

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and I am sure your hubby will love it. Congratulations on being published too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Happy Anniversary! Your card is stunning!!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, I am sure your hubby will love it. Hope the evening invitation designs are proceeding a pace. It sounds like am a mouth task.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

karenlotty said...

Lovely card for your husband I love that painting too Good luck with the outfit shopping JL is definitely worth a go The lady suggested I buy the two outfits I liked to show hubby (went with daughter) and I loved both - make a final decision and return one!

Alizabethy said...

Congratulations on having your card featured - I love that woodware stamp!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jackie, I'm sure your husband will love it. Congratulations on your star card too. Cathy x

pam said...

Fabulous card for your Anniversary Jackie, congrats on your star card.
Pam x

Sharon Smith said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the muted colors you have used, they go great with the upcycled image. Congrats on the magazine publication too xxx

Carole J said...

Gorgeous Anniversary card, Jackie, which I'm sure your husband will love. I love the background you created - I've not had much luck with Brushos yet - I need to give them another try! Congrats on your publication and award - you're such a clever, creative lady! x

Kathy said...

Love the image you've used here, really evocative of seaside villages along the Cornish coast. He's bound to love it - when the time comes!

Laine said...

Such a lovely card Jackie, sure to be treasured. Congratulations on your star card publication!
Laine
xx

Tracy Welham said...

Wonderful anniversary card, love the background you have created. Congratulations on being Making Cards Star letter, I spotted it in my issue as I was having a quick flick through when it arrived. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie. I love all your layers.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Jan said...

Fabulous card xx Jan

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie. Gorgeous colours and background. The image is fabulous. Congratulations on your lovely Star card xx

Annemi said...

Fantastic card and happy anniversary in advance. I'm sure he will love it. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and love the image with the watercolour look ---Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
Carol DT x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card Jackie! Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog!
~DT Sherry x

Herbaholic said...

That background is genius, the card is brilliant, congrats again on getting your card picked as the Star Card in Making Cards when I saw it a was ever so proud :) Hugs - Debs x

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely stunning card, I love the background and the scene - and congratulations on the star card pick too
Jane

Barb said...

You've made a beautiful card for your hubby Jackie and such a good way to recycle. Congratulations in having your card published in the magazine. Barbxx