Followers

Friday 17 February 2017

Alphabet Challenge Blog - Letter Y - You Choose

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

The weekend is nearly here and the start of the Half Term break for me. Today is a training day so no children in school.

The new challenge starts today on the Alphabet Challenge blog the letter is Y and the theme, chosen by me,  is You Choose. In other words anything goes. I will be choosing the top three at the end of the challenge.


I was asked to make a Graduation card for someone's daughter at work. She got a first and she likes pink. I found some dotty paper in my stash but it was a bit too bold I toned it down by adding a layer of vellum. 


I used my X-cut dies to cut the number and the st. The star dies came free with a magazine a while ago. They have been so useful. 


This is a Tattered Lace dies it is one of the most useful dies I received when I was on their Design Team. 


I cut her name with my Tonic Alphabet dies. 


Apparently the recipient was thrilled with her card. She graduated earlier in the month so it is okay for it to be shared now. 


Enjoy the weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

A fabulous card Jackie, a brilliant layout for any celebration card.
My half term starts this evening too. I hope you have a relaxing week.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Alison59 said...

Super card Jackie :-)

Half term here is just finishing. Enjoy your week off x

Basslady said...

awww, teamie...this is so super sweet!

hugs and kisses from Germany
silvi xoxo

Wendy L said...

Wonderful Jackie, xxx

ALI said...

Lovely card, bright and shinny.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and love the gorgeous design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous 1st Birthday card, loving the stars. Hugs Jennifer xx

Lori Kobular said...

Very festive card! Love all the pink!

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie - love the colours! Shabneez x

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, love the design and colours.
Pam x

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. The stars and spotty paper look fabulous xx

Laine said...

Fabulous design and sparkle Jackie.
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful sparkle. Love the pink

karenlotty said...

Clever idea I don't think I've ever seen a Graduation card
Enjoy your half term Ours have just had theirs and go back to school on Monday Have to say mine are far too old to be having half term but it's been lovely going to work with less traffic on the road!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I especially like the idea of using the vellum to tone down the paper. Enjoy your half term. I am looking forward to the boys going back to school and am happy not to have that back to work dread, though I am going to be very busy tutoring in the next few weeks with GCSEs looming. Cathy x

Carole Pollard said...

Great design the colours on this are fab Love and hugs Carole x

Herbaholic said...

What a brilliant card Jackie, I love the stars and that backing paper is fab :) Hugs - Debs x