Followers

Sunday 13 November 2016

Snowy Christmas Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good weekend. Yesterday our daughter actually bought a wedding dress and now it is hanging up in our spare bedroom. Today we are taking our daughter back to her house ready to fit  some beading round the new rabbit room so the bunnies can go home next week.

I was a bit naughty and treated myself to a subscription to Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine. This month the free gift was a snowflake die, a snowflake embossing folder and some stamps. Not bad really. I used the gift to make this card.


I created the background on watercolour card with a mix of Brushos, Pixie Powders and Distress ink. Once it was dry I stamped one of the snowflake stamps in Perfect Medium over the background and dusted it with gold mica powder. Then I stamped the same stamp with Cobalt Archival. I cut the die seven times out of white pearl card. 


I used the Sue Wilson Pireced flag dies to create the flag. Then I used another stamp from the set for the sentiment.  


Here you can see the detail of the die. In the magazine there is a rather nice ornament made with this die. I might have a go at making some.


I was very pleased wtih how this card turned out.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous card

Alison59 said...

Great card; love the background :-)

Oooh a wedding dress; sooooo exciting xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a gorgeous card Jackie. I bought this magazine yesterday because of the freebies on the front and I can't wait to use them.
Pleased to hear your day yesterday was successful.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous background and a very beautiful card Jackie
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Afternoon Jackie, it has been a damp dismal day here and so chilly. Just chilling out today, no crafting just a lot of admin to do. A gorgeous card, love the snowflakes.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

Lovely background and a great card.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, the background is awesome and loving the snowflakes, You certainly have had a good weekend, so glad your daughter managed to buy her dress and treating yourself to the magazine, well that's just the icing on the cake. Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Fabulous and festive Jackie. Love your card.
Laine
xx

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, love the snowflake die, great freebie.
Hugs Pam x

Carole J said...

Lovely card, Jackie. The snowflake die is beautiful and the background is gorgeous. x

Paper and Stuff said...

Hi Jackie
This is lovely and your background is gorgeous! x

Anonymous said...

love the die you've used on this card, so pretty

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a gorgeous card, love the colours you've got with the brushos.

Sue xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Jackie...Love the background and the blues set of the snowflakes so well...Joolsx

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful snippet card, Jackie. I love the beautiful blue background - a great use of those freebies. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the dress - after the big occasion, of course! Elizabeth xx

Di said...

Fabulous card Jackie - that really was some freebie! I love snowflakes on Christmas cards and the background is gorgeous too.

Oooh, how exciting that your daughter has her dress all sorted out. Exciting times indeed :)

Hugs

Di xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card and your background is so beautiful, love the snowflakes x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie. I love the colors.
Hugs,
Em xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I love your card! Those snowflakes look gorgeous and I really love the colorful background!

Susan Powell said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Unknown said...

How many tissues did you go through, Jackie? Glad your daughter found her dress. Love your card, I thought I was the only person who took out subscriptions for the free gifts, LOL...hugs xxxx

Alizabethy said...

So pretty! I have had trouble with this die but will give it another go now!

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jackie, I love the background you created. I'm glad your daughter found a dress, how exciting. Cathy x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! I love technique that you used!
Big crafty hugs
Ileanaxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love the snowflake layers on the background. Great technique

laurie said...

That background is gorgeous! I love the snowflakes.Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

VERY pretty project! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!