Followers

Thursday 24 March 2016

Under the Sea with a little Mermaid

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? Are you all prepared for Easter? Just one more day and it will be the Easter holidays for me and just two days to go until the wedding.

I have been playing with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens again. I hunted through my stash until I found this LOTV stamp of a cute little mermaid.


For the background  I added lots of die-cut nautical images including anchors, ships and ship's wheels. I added a doily for good measure. 


I wish you could see the sparkle in the photo graph. I used watercolour paper and I stamped the image in black archival. Now for the confession I had to put a die-cut on the image to hide a smudge at the bottom of the image. Covering the smudge affected the whole design. 


I was quite pleased with how the card turned out in the end. I do love the Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and I think I will have to buy some more. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. The weather has been very nice here but I think it will have changed by the weekend which is a shame for the wedding. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty mermaid and love the background Hugs Jennifer xx

Alison59 said...

How pretty - love the colours :-)

Brawny x said...

Just gorgeous Jackie Moab image. Great design x

Brawny x said...

Hahaha should say great image lol x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

awe, this is just super cute. great job

Stamping Bubbles said...

Lovely cute card Jackie. The sparkle pens are amazing and I love to use them as a watercolour too. They have so many uses.
Fingers crossed the weather stays lovely for the wedding.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Kate M said...

Love that mermaid and the die cut ships, anchors and ships wheels are great die cuts.
Super card!
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Totally adorable, I love the beautiful mermaid and gorgeous die cuts.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Such a cutie Jackie. I agree the Spectrum Sparkle pens are fabulous. I have been working with the vintage set this afternoon and they are lush!
Laine
xx

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love this cute image and colours, gorgeous background
Hugs Pam x

Barb said...

Whata lovely card Jackie. She's such a pretty image and I love your nautical die cuts. Barbxx

Donna Ellis said...

Darling card, Jackie! Beautifully colored, and fantastic die.cuts! Wonderful card design! Happy Easter!Hugs, de

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie. The mermaid is gorgeous and the die-cuts look fabulous xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. I love all the embellishments and the colours are fabulous. Cathy x

Di said...

Great image and such a lovely card Jackie! I think the die cuts are perfect and if you hadn't said we'd never have even thought you were hiding a smudge - aren't we the worst for being too honest though :)

Fingers crossed for good weather for the wedding, my heart sank a bit at the forecast - although today is absolutely glorious of course! Hope it all goes well - and they do say rain is meant to be lucky on your Wedding Day ;)

Hugs

Di xx

Gwyneth said...

Gorgeous card. The image is so cute and great embellishments.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful design and sweet image.
Happy Easter! x

ALI said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image and colours.
Jackie, from Michaels I got some sizzix thick dies, some brushes and a media kit that I have no idea what to do with....lol

Kathy said...

Lovely. Love all the little under-the-sea extras

Alizabethy said...

What a stunning card with all those nautical embellishments!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that sweet mermaid and all the nautical dies!

Neha said...

That's a really pretty card! Loved the image!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Completely Handmade... {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Helen x