Followers

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Scenic Happy Birthday

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How has your week been so far? I was on a school trip yesterday to Marwell Zoo. It was a good trip we walked so far the weather was good and lots of the animals were out. I was exhausted yesterday evening, school trips do that to me, I didn't get much done.

I am striving to get well ahead with the cards I need to make. I have no idea when my daughter is going to want her Save the Date cards made and I want to be ready when she tells me what she wants. I must say she and her fiancé are looking at some very exciting wedding venues including London Zoo. I have started a page at the top of my blog to keep track of all the bits that I make towards the wedding I thought it would make a kind of diary. Anyway back to the point I made a birthday card for my dad today even though his birthday isn't until May. I have to admit that it was rather quick make.


I have had this Kanban image in my stash for a while and I decided it would make a great card for my dad. He likes doing puzzles and this topper looks like one of the scenes on the jigsaws he does.  Black and gold seemed like the obvious choice for the mats but I wanted a green and brown backing paper. There wasn't one in my stash so I decide to make one with two small leaf stamps, some Perfect Medium, two shades of embossing powder and three different shades of green Distress Ink. In about 5 minutes I had the background I wanted. The sentiment came from the Kanban sheet. 

 

I only had my phone to take photos at the zoo yesterday we did get very close to the giraffes they were all in their house keeping out of the wind. 


I am sure that my dad will like this card he never really says much. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

25 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful work,love the giraffe photos too

Linda Simpson said...

Love the photograph of the giraffes. A beautiful scenic birthday card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

What I Created Next said...

Great card. Love those giraffes xx

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, very scenic. The Giraffes look great.

Mrs A. said...

Very impressed with your background that you made.It sets the picture off perfectly and it does look like a jigsaw puzzle. hugs mrs A.

Laine said...

Fabulous male themed card Jackie and sure to be loved.
Laine
xx

pam said...

Brilliant birthday card for your Dad Jackie, great photo too.
Hugs Pam x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card for your Dad, I'm sure he will love it...Love your photo of the giraffes too!!
Hugs Donna xx
Kraftyscot Handmade Crafts

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant birthday card for your dad, I am sure he'll love this card. Great photos x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I love that image and your backing paper. Giraffes are great- we fed some at Longleat last year, they're amazing close up. Cathy x

Gwyneth said...

Great photo of the giraffes, and a really great card for your Dad. Love how you made the background.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I am sure your dad will love that lovely country scene. Hugs Jennifer xx

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Jackie, sounds like a fab day at the zoo. Love the photo of the giraffes.

Donna x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous design Jackie. Great card x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Great pic of the giraffes too.
Hugs,
Em x

karenlotty said...

Lovely card My son was a zoo keeper so any photos of animals I'm a real sucker for! Even the smallish family run zoo he worked at do weddings - Paradise Wildlife Park Broxbourne

Andree said...

A fabulous card for your father Jackie. The image looks like a wonderful place and I love the background you created xx

Alison59 said...

Lovely card and great photo :-)

Alison59 said...

Lovely card and great photo :-)

Kathy said...

Such a lovely card, the picture is very serene and evocative, isn't it?

Love those giraffes all in a row!

Tracy Welham said...

So funny, how all the giraffes are lined up! It's a lovely card, really beautiful scene. What a great idea to keep a diary on your blog of your daughter's wedding plans. My sister is getting married next year and my mum and I are very excited - don't think the men understand! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kate M said...

I love the scene on your birthday card for your dad - it does look like a jigsaw scene. Your photo of the giraffes is fabulous!
xx

Wheelie Crafty said...

Awesome card Jackie, I love the scene its truly beautiful...

Hugs xxx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card & a fab photo!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
I'm sure your dad will love his card, even if he doesn't say so! Love the background you created. The giraffes at marwell are my favourites, haven't been there for ages.
Take care
Love Diane xxx