Followers

Friday 18 March 2016

Playing with Sparkle Pens again!

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

Happy Friday, the gateway to the weekend. I hope you have something nice planned. I will be making the last few bits for the wedding which is following week on Easter Saturday. I have set a cut off point for changes and the bride and groom were happy with this. I have done lots of prep so hopefully it won't take too long.

On to today's creation. Well after playing with the Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens at my friend's house I decided I had to have my own. They arrived on Wednesday and I couldn't wait for a play.


I found this stamp in my stash it came free with a magazine sometime ago and it is designed to go with the Spellbinder's Lacey Circle dies. I stamped the image onto watercolour paper with an Archival  Black ink and waited for it to dry. Once it was dry I coloured the image with the Sparkle pens. At my friend's house I used a water brush. I don't have one of these yet so I used and watercolour paint brush and some water. This worked fine to draw out the colour from the pens. 


This was a lovely image  to colour with the pens. The sparkle doesn't show in the photo but it is there I can assure you. I do like these pens I think I will be buying some more. I added a pattered paper and some lace and the card was finished. 


I think you will be seeing me using these pens a lot. Enjoy your weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

29 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love the dragonfly and beautiful papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alison59 said...

Delightful card :-)

Sandra Carey said...

Just love the Dragonfly sorry I havent been by much lately Hugs Sandra xx

Brawny x said...

Oh I just love this Jackie. A fabulous card x

Kathy said...

How pretty this dragonfly is, Jackie! Really beautiful colours and image

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous, the papers work perfectly with that image. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie, the stamp is so pretty and works wonderfully with the backing paper. The pens are gorgeous and I can imagine the effect they have given. Hugs ~Jennifer xx

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty card Jackie - those pens are on my wish list! Xxx

Angela Dodson said...

what a gorgeous card, lovely colouring and dragonflies are a fav :)

Laine said...

Good to see you having fun with the SN Sparkle pens Jackie, they are fabulous. The new aqua pencils are a joy as well. Such a pretty creation.
Laine
xx

Kate M said...

Really pretty card - love the image and the papers, which you have colour matched so well in your colouring - lovely project!
xx

Carole Pollard said...

What a really pretty card i love the stamp and those pens look amazing a very perfect design Love and hugs Carole x

Amy A said...

Absolutely stunning Jackie! Love the soft color palette and design elements. Hugs!

Sharon Smith said...

This is gorgeous Jackie - I only have the clear sparkle pen but I'm addicted to it 💞💞

Wendy said...

A very pretty card Jackie! Xx

pam said...

Fabulous card design Jackie, beautiful paper and image, lovely coouring too.
Hugs Pam x

What I Created Next said...

Beautiful. You can't beat a bit of sparkle especially on dragonflies

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love that dragonfly and you colored so pretty! The sparkles really look great!

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie. The dragonfly looks fabulous and I love the pretty background paper. Have a nice weekend xx

Katie said...

Beautiful card

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie. I use a normal brush and water with my sparkle pens too. I love this stamp and your colouring is lovely. Cathy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely image today Jackie. Gorgeous detailing

Sylvia said...

Love the dragonfly image and background paper which go with it so well. Gorgeous card.

Sylv xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Such a pretty card, px

karenlotty said...

Beautiful! I don't own any colouring pens but I've been so tempted recently seeing Crafters Companion on Hochanda...

Wheelie Crafty said...

Wow Jackie, What an absolutely stunning Card you have created, the received will love it as well...

Hugs xxx

Dawn said...

Sweet card! I love the pretty papers you'vve used!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jackie! Darling card. Such beautiful image, a wonderfully colored with the pens! I have not tried them out yet. Really great card! Hugs, de

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Gorgeous stamp and beautiful colouring, you blend the colours so well. I'm glad you've succumbed to the sparkle pens - sorry I'm a bad influence :)
Love Diane xxx