Followers

Thursday 10 March 2016

My Husband's Anniversary Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is the week going? We have had lots of wind and rain and our poor fence has finally given up. Luckily the fence repair man is coming today so it should be all sorted out.

It is our wedding anniversary at the beginning of April about the time of the wedding I have been making all the stationery for. I still have a few last minute bits to make for the wedding so I wanted to get ahead with my husband's card.


I love the Heart of Hearts die set and I wanted to use it for this anniversary card. I started by making an 8" x 8" card blank and I embossed the top mat the the Heart Lattice embossing folder which was then inked with a red Distress Ink. 


I cut the Heart of Hearts die in red and removed all the hearts. Then I covered some black card with  double sided sticky sheet. I used the larger heart die from the set to cut the black hearts. I stuck the red hearts to the black hearts using the sticky sheet and covered the exposed sticky  with a fine clear glitter. 


This shows some of the detail  in the background. I use the Heart Lattice embossing folder so much it is just so useful. Inking over the embossing really brings out the detail. I cut the black swirls with some Tonic dies from my stash. I got them so long ago I can't remember what they are called. I used the waste hearts from the original die cutting to add some extra interest to the background. 


It is fine for me to share this card. My husband never visits my blog or my Facebook page. He is supportive in lots of other ways so I am not worried. 

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs Jackie

29 comments:

Naomi said...

Beautiful Jackie.

Unknown said...

Jackie this is absolutely stunning. So much detail and perfect for a male card. My husband is much the same, but as long as he gives me time to craft I don't mind. Cathy x

Linda Simpson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jackie, Happy Anniversary to you both.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

junemac2 said...

Happy anniversary. This is a gorgeous card. I just know he will adore it.

KarinsArtScrap said...

Happy Anniversary Jackie and it's a gorgeous card
Gr Karin

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what an elegant and grand looking card this is
I am having a celebration on my blog...please do drop in when you can.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Kate M said...

Absolutely beautiful - love those super filigree hearts and how you've used the cut out red hearts for the background - so effective - love it!!
xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card and Happy Anniversary. Hugs xx

Laine said...

Stunning design and detail Jackie. Happy Anniversary!
Laine
xx

Sandra Carey said...

Oh how Gorgeous Hugs Sandra xx

Sandra Carey said...

Oh how Gorgeous Hugs Sandra xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful anniversary card Jackie. love the heart dies and nice how you have used the little hearts from the die on the backing design. Hugs Jennifer xx

pam said...

Beautiful Anniversary card for your Husband Jackie, love those hearts.
Hugs Pam x

karenlotty said...

Fantastic card I really must get cracking and make mine for Husband we celebrate our Ruby at the beg of April!

Lori Kobular said...

Jackie this is a stunning Anniversary card for your hubby! I love the red Heart of Hearts and the embossed background with the red ink looks amazing!

Brawny x said...

What a gorgeous card Jackie. A very striking design. Love the red and black..just fab x

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. The background looks fabulous and I love how you've used all the little hearts from the die-cuts xx

Gwyneth said...

A really gorgeous card. He's sure to be impressed.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the beautiful hearts and fabulous design x

Kathy said...

Well done on getting your card made nice and early - I'm usually doing mine the day before!

Love your card, the hearts are so intricate and I love the swirly leaves. I'm a sucker for some swirls on a card!

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, great use of dies and embossing folders.

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning card so lovely its a fab design. Your husband will love this very thoughtful card love and hugs Carole x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful color combo and I love the hearts. Great job

mand said...

Oh, this is beautiful, and lovely details. Ax

Anonymous said...

Wow Jackie, love your card and love those dies. Fabulous colours.

Hugs Erin xx

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous embossed background and die cut hearts.

Sylv xx

Jan said...

Great work xx Jan

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a beautiful card, love the heart die.
Happy anniversary.
Love Diane xxx