Followers

Sunday 18 October 2015

Where did the weekend go?

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I do hope you have had a great weekend. Mine seems to have gone by in a flash. I can't believe I am sitting here now writing a blog post that I should have written and posted this morning. On the plus side I have got four samples made for another Tattered Lace show at the end of the week. I am hoping to get them in the post on Tuesday there is one more thing that I want to make.

I made this card on Friday as I wanted to try some different with the stag from the Deer Family set of dies.


I wanted to try a more clean and simple style.  I made myself a mask and a moon out of a post-it note and I inked the top layer with two shades of blue Distress Ink. I used my brushes for inking they came from Clarity stamps I am seriously thinking of getting some more.  I drew a line around the inking with my Perfect Medium pen and I heat embossed it with a black sparkly powder. I stamped the Santa and sleigh with a black ink and heat embossed that with the same powder. 


I cut the stag out of some black card. Once it was cut and embossed I backed it with some silver card. The tree came from the Winter Trees set and was cut in green and embossed the baubles were made with CS glue in Berry Red and Olympic Gold. 


The sentiment came in the same set as the Santa and sleigh. 

I hope that you have a great week ahead. 

Happy Crafting.

Hugs Jackie

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this, great use of masks, smashing design. Hugs xx

Brawny x said...

Fab card x

pam said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jackie, great inking and die cuts, love the scene you created.
Hugs
Pam x

Dawn said...

Fantastic makes since my last visit Jackie!
I've had internet problems & a nasty cold so haven't been around as much as I would have liked over the last week or so!
Hope all is well with you!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Fab Christmas card, Px

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie....Love the reindeer die...Joolsx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card hun. Love the reindeer.

Hugs Abbs xx

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jackie and fab scene x

Andree said...

A brilliant card Jackie. The stag die-cut looks very impressive xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, I like the scene
Kevin xx

Laine said...

Stunning festive creation Jackie!
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

gorgeous die cuts Jackie. Love this seasonal card today. Cheers, Holley

Unknown said...

So agree with you Jackie, this was Brian and I's last weekend on our own, before Tommy comes back from his holiday...Next weekend, back to grandchildren etc, etc, I love this card hun, I do love Reindeer's on Christmas cards...hugs xxx

Unknown said...

You have created a beautiful CAS card Jackie, I love the reindeer and the little scene you created, great design. Hugs Jennifer xxx

Jackie said...

Where does the weekend ever go? They are always over in a flash!!!
A beautiful card Jackie xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and loving the reindeer. The weekend sure did go rather too quick for my liking too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathy said...

cute card, Jackie x

Unknown said...

Lovely card Jackie. The background you have created is fabulous.
Cathy x

Alison59 said...

Oooh super card :-)

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jackie.xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, love the scene created.

Sylv xx

Herbaholic said...

Like what you've done with the inking Jackie, its a lovely card :) Debs x

mand said...

Lovely die and lovely project, very nice. Ax