Followers

Wednesday 7 October 2015

The Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog - Autumn Colours

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good week. It has been rather wet here and that has been messing up the traffic.

Today sees the start of a new challenge on the Crafty Addicts Challenge blog and the theme is autumn colours. I did it again I ordered the image before I realised about the colours. The sponsor that my image came from is called Lacy Sunshine Stamps. The image I chose to use is called Peace on Earth - Angel Kiss and she is in the Christmas section of the store.


Don't I make things hard for myself choosing a Christmas image to use with autumn colours? Then I remembered the angel that used to go on top of our tree and she was dressed in golds, greens and browns. 

I cut all the mats and layers and I used dies to cut the mats for round the image. There is some brown glitter card in there I got this free at a craft show and I thought I won't use that. Well I was wrong it has nearly run out and I am thinking of buying some more. On the top layer I stamped  a small poinsettia stamp all over page with CS Perfect Medium then I heat embossed it with a clear powder. Finally I inked all over the page with three shades of Distress ink.


This is a beautiful image I coloured her with my Promarkers. 


I cut the sentiment with a Sue Wilson die in gold and brown this meant that it could have a drop shadow. This helped to give it definition against the background. 


I made a poinsettia using Sue Wilson dies again with brown, gold and green. 


If you click on the logo above you will be taken to the store. 


There you have my Christmas card made in autumn colours. I think you could make a Christmas card just about any colour you like. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

20 comments:

Herbaholic said...

It's beautiful Jackie :) I Love the angel and the colours are heavenly and that distress inked background is perfect! I really need to practice my colouring :) I did some alcohol ink and gold embossed 'music note' panels yesterday but one set of them turned out to be more like autumn shades than Christmas. But seeing your card has changed my mind, autumn colours can be used in winter designs, will take the panel out of my 'maybe one day' box and see what I can do with it, thanks for the inspiration :) Debs x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Well isn't she gorgeous, I think the autumn colours work perfectly and the brown card works so well with the gold. The poinsettia looks fab too. Now, what do you tell the children?, read the question!!! Haha what are you like my friend! It turned out all right in the end.
Take care
Love Diane xxxxx

Alison59 said...

Wow this is stunning :-)

Alison59 said...

Wow this is stunning :-)

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card hun, Thank you :)

Hugs Abbs xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the colour on the angel and I am glad its not only me that pick an image before realising what the challenge is. I made a card yesterday for an upcoming challenge and only realised this morning that I have made it completely wrong and will have to start all over again today LOL. Hugs `Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Fabulous image and detail Jackie. Love the image in this stunning colour palette.
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, I love love the image and fabulous embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful image and love the background x

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Jackie x

Andree said...

A wonderful card Jackie. The autumnal colours of your background are lovely and the image is gorgeous xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Jackie, and lovely alternative colours for Christmas, I do love Autumnal colours, and have not thought of doing them for Christmas cards...hugs xxx

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card Jackie :o)
Jackie xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's such a beautiful card Jackie, love the gold paper.
Gr Karin

Wheelie Crafty said...

Stunning card Jackie, I love your coloured image, and the gorgeous die cuts you have used...

hugs xxx

Jan said...

This is lovely xx Jan

pam said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie, love the colours and design
Hugs
Pam x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

totally loving the paper and those die cuts on this card

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, What a gorgeous card and image which you have coloured beautifully. Love the die cuts.

Jade xx

ALI said...

Gorgeous card and lovely design and image.