Followers

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Tattered Lace - Flower Pot Shelf

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope that you had a good weekend and that you are having a good week so far. I always struggle a bit when the clocks change. The rabbits we had been looking after went home yesterday so I have been cleaning and getting everything back to normal (whatever that is).

I have been busy again and this latest project for Tattered Lace was a bit of a  rush the die didn't arrive  until last Friday. I was sent some laser cuts so that I could plan my makes. I did so well with the prep that everything was in the post the afternoon the die arrived hopefully arriving on Monday morning. It is very exciting being involved with this and some other opportunities have arisen that I might be able to share later on.

As it was a rush I stuck to making just the four projects usually I make one or two more. Once I start working with a die I tend to get lots of ideas of how to use it.  The die I was sent was called the Flower Pot Shelf it is a very pretty die and can be used in many ways. These dies make it very easy to snip away pieces so that they can be used in different ways, 


This was my first make I simply cut two of the die in white and I coloured them with my Promarkers. The letters on the bunting were cut with another Tattered Lace die set I had in my stash. 


This was quite a simple card. Once I had cut all the squares I cut the die three times in white. I cut off the pots of flowers and I coloured them with Promarkers. This I found was the easiest way to get the colours where I wanted them. It doesn't show very well but I put one of the snails in the bottom right hand corner of this card. 


I made another gift bag. I am working on a tutorial for these that I will add to my blog soon. I think the die looks good in silhouette. That little snail is so cute. 



I was rather proud of this I had to watch a video on how to make one but being me I had to change all the sizes. I used paper piecing to achieve the colours on this. I though it was a nice cheerful image for a calendar that will be out all year round. I used the calendar as a stopper for the easel part. You could put a gift in the drawer. 

The shows are on Create and Craft today I think with Nancy Watt demonstrating. I not quite sure if my projects will have got there in time. The first show is at 10:00 am I will be watching. 

I do hope that you have a good week and that the weather is kind to you. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful projects! Congrats on having them shown on C&C! x

Alison59 said...

Ooh Jackie you have been busy. What fabulous makes - you are such a talented and imaginative lady :-)

Julie Odil said...

Wonderful projects! Hope they make the show!

Unknown said...

All fabulous some great ideas. Hugs Helen xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards and projects Jackie, great flower pots die.
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Fabulous samples Jackie, you are creating some great makes and so happy you are enjoying, cannot wait to hear what else you have in store. Hugs Jennifer xx

Brawny x said...

Wow love all these projects Jackie. X

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my this is fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

These are fantastic Jackie and congratulations on getting them shown on C&C xx

pam said...

Fabulous makes Jackie, lovely projects and colours.
Hugs.
Pam x

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful creations so clever and I love the designs well done these are perfect Love and hugs Carole x

Laine said...

Fabulous samples and so varied Jackie. Love them!
Laine
xx

Andree said...

Gorgeous samples Jackie and wonderful ideas. I love the bag and the pretty colourway xx

karenlotty said...

All makes are lovely I especially like the calendar Such a great idea

Unknown said...

These are brilliant samples Jackie, love the Easel Box, would love to make one, cannot wait until I can get my lappy down to my shed..hugs xxx

Dawn said...

Great smaple Jackie, I love them all, so clever to use them in such different ways!
I love that little snail too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jackie said...

A wonderful selection Jackie, they don't look at all hurried :o)
Jackie xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

I see you been busy...What a beautiful samples you made....Joolsx

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulous samples Jackie and well done for getting them completed so quickly, that is why I am having a rest from TL as after 18 months of doing sample it got a bit much. lol Look forwards to seeing many more from yourself.
Hugs Janet xxx

Jan said...

Wonderful goodies here Jackie, well done xx Jan