Followers

Thursday 8 October 2015

My Special Project

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good week. I seem to be very busy at the moment but it is all good so I can't complain.

Now I feel I am in the position to reveal the special project that  I have been working on.  I recently applied to join a design team to make samples for Tattered Lace for their television shows. They accepted my application and I was sent some Christmas dies the Owl Tree and Christmas Lights washing line to make samples with. The shows were on Ideal World and Create and Craft on Tuesday and Wednesday this week the 6th and 7th October.



These are the samples I sent in. 


I made this tea-light holder using my Hougie board and some heat resistant acetate and both of the dies I was sent. 


This is quite a simple card the background was make with my brushes and distress ink and a post-it note moon. One of the mats was red glitter card I used scraps left over to cut the hats. 


I cut the tag with my ScanNcut it was one of the preinstalled shapes. I cut the Owl Tree from kraft card I also cut one in black to make a drop shadow. I added colour to the tree and owls with my Promarkers. 


This card was in the background on the set. I used both dies again. To the Christmas lights I added Green and Xmas Red Stickles. The stars in the background were stamped and heat embossed in silver. 


This gift bag was made with my Hougie board. This  was placed on the counter where the demonstrations where done. The Owl Tree was cut in white and coloured with Promarkers. There is is a black tree behind to make a drop shadow, The background was made with home made stencils.  


This is the Sarah Trebilcock showing my tag. 


In the display you can see my tea-light holder in the front. 


On one of the shows there was a good view of the tea-light holder. I think I might make one like this for home now I have worked out what to do. 

This was a very exciting project to work on and it so nice to see your work on screen.  I hope I get to make some more samples soon.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the week. It is nearly the weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Jackie, that's great news. Your samples are gorgeous, all too good to pick a favourite.
Cathy x

McCrafty's Cards said...

They are all really beautiful Jackie, well done
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

Wow Jackie, how exciting to be part of that design team, many congratulations. Your samples are stunning and to see them on screen, must have made you very proud. I love them all but the tea light holder is my favourite. Once again WELL DONE. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are cute and very beautiful Jackie, great job you did.
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Many congratulations Jackie. Your samples are fabulous. Looking forward to seeing more of your work for TL.
Laine
xx

The Tag Lady said...

Brilliant projects Jackie ,I love them all. Congratulations on the DT place , any craft firm would snap you up ,you are super talented xx

Jackie T said...

Thank you, you are very kind. Hugs xxx

karenlotty said...

Well done on joining their team Your work is beautiful and what a lot of variation you've managed to achieve All of your projects are lovely

pam said...

Congratulation Jackie, beautiful sample cards and projects..well done.
Hugs
Pam x

Andree said...

An amazing selection of samples Jackie. Congratulatons on your DT post, it's well deserved xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

How awesome to have your project getting shown on TV. Great job as the project is just stunning!

Jackie said...

A wonderful set of projects Jackie, congratulations :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jackie, wow love your sample cards, they are all fabulous. Congratulations on Tattered Lace as well.

Jade xx

Alison59 said...

Congratulations Jackie and a fabulous set of makes :-)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant cards and projects....well done on your D.T place....Joolsx

Kathy said...

Wow! what a stunning array of projects, they all look fab

Unknown said...

Stunning projects Jackie, it is fabulous when one of your projects are chosen, isn't it, love each and every one of your projects hun, hugs xxx

ALI said...

Congrats on your projects, they are really beautiful work.

Doreen said...

Your samples are gorgeous Jackie,well done you.xxx

Brawny x said...

Congratulations Jackie. It is well deserved! Unfortunately I missed the shows. Your samples are fabulous x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What fabulous samples, I have to say I think the tea light holder is just in the lead - isn't it fab. Congratulations getting so many items on the TV, I hope you get chosen to be part of their design team again. Love and hugs Diane xxxx