Followers

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Deer Family Christmas Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good week. The days just seem to be rushing by not too long and it will be half term for me.

Today I am sharing another Christmas card with you I made  using the Deer Family die set by Sue Wilson. I just love this die set and I love using it.


As you might be aware I have made a version of this card before. This time I tweaked the design a little,  I do like to try out other ideas. 


I have been making cards with a starry sky in them and a moon. I was in the Supermarket looking at the Craft magazines when the stamp set and embossing folder on Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 142 caught my eye. What I spotted was this tiny Santa and his sleigh  stamp that I thought would look great flying across one of the moons I have been creating. 


This time I cut the Stag in brown card and I added gold card behind to show off the filigree detail. 


I did the same with the mum and baby. The trees in the background were cut with a Tattered Lace die. 


I was pleased with how this card turned out. I have some other ideas for this die set so you will probably be seeing them again. 

I haven't entered any challenges for a while so I thought it was about time. I would like to enter the following challenges:






I hope that the rest of the week is kind to you. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! this is adorable hun xx

Tracy Welham said...

So magical! Creative Blessings Tracy x

Wheelie Crafty said...

Absolutely enchanting card Jackie hun it really is magical...

Hugs xxx

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card Jackie :-)

Eve said...

Hi Jackie
thank you so much for entering Pixie's Snippets Playground with this STUNNING card.
Wow! where do I start... I love the background with the sparkly stars and of course that Santa looks just perfect. Your reindeer's look gorgeous and all in all it is a work of art! LOVE IT!!
Eve xx
P.S I have to make do with a dinning room table too and I have serious craft envy when I see other peoples spacious craft rooms!!!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jackie, love the background and deer family.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I love the scene you have created and that little stamp is gorgeous.Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Fabulous and festive Jackie. Love all of the stunning detail.
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

gorgeous die cuts Jackie. Very elegant and detailed.

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card Jackie. X

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Fantastic design.. Love it, Px

pam said...

Gorgeous Christmas card design Jackie, love your Deers and layout.
Hugs
Pam x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Christmas card Jackie, I love the scene you have created
Kevin xx

Jackie said...

Wonderful card Jackie, you jave created a beautiful scene :o)
Jackie xx

Jan said...

This is great xx Jan

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, fab design x

Andree said...

A fabulous card Jackie. The deer family are so sweet xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous just love that die and also the great stamp hope that's still in the shops when I get home a perfect card so lovely love and hugs Carole x

Unknown said...

Utterly gorgeous, Jackie, perfect scene created here, hugs xxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful card . Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges .

karenlotty said...

Very effective

Inkyfingers said...

What a delightful, festive card and I love how you framed the background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges.
Hugs
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas card great scene and love the die-cuts---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
Carol DT x

Sarn said...

Super reindeer card . . . no wonder it was showcased in the Snippets Playground! xxx

Barb said...

Congratulations Jackie in being a Top Five in the Snippets Playground this week with your beautiful reindeer card. Barbxx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Love this card , the reindeer look great solid or with the fancy middle don't they. What a cute stamp, great find and I do like the stars you are using in the sky. Thank you for sharing.
Love Diane xxxx