Followers

Thursday 1 October 2015

Crafts Galore Encore - Gift Bag

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

Yes I am back again today! It is the first of the month and there is a new challenge on the Crafts Galore Encore challenge blog. This time we have a wonderful sponsor Bugaboo Digi stamps and there are prizes. The design team were all able to choose an image each to work with so if you go to the blog you can see their wonderful inspiration pieces.


I chose the Halloween Silhouette Scene. I am really enjoying using silhouettes in my card making at the moment. I decided to make a gift bag as this is the time of year for collecting sweets.  I made the bag first from black card using my Hougie board to do all the measuring and scoring.  


For the image I printed it onto  white  160 gsm card stock and I cut it out. Then I used two shades of Distress Ink to ink over the image. I used my Versa Mark pen to draw round the edge of the image and to highlight the eyes and windows then I heat embossed it with a glow in the dark embossing powder. If does work,  this really does glow in the dark. I added an extra little die cut cat in the corner. I used a spellbinder die to make a frame for the image I think it looks a little Gothic. 

If you click on this logo you will be taken to the Bugaboo store there are lots of images to choose from. 



Not long and it will be the weekend. I have been rather busy with Design Team bits and pieces and at the start of the month there will be quite a few posts from me. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

17 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic card Jackie
Gr Karin

Andree said...

Your gift bag looks wonderful Jackie. The frame for the fabulous silhouette image is lovely xx

Linda Simpson said...

Love this very much Jackie, the scene you created is brilliant! Beautiful gift bag.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, Love this gift bag, love the scene you have creted, great colours.

Jade xx

pam said...

Fantastic scene you created on your gift bag Jackie.
hugs Pam x

Laine said...

Fabulous project Jackie. Stunning image and detail.
Laine
xx

Brawny x said...

Fab design Jackie. Great card x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love this Jackie, that spooky scene and the frame are fab
Kevin xx

karenlotty said...

It's brilliant

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous love this great stamp and would love to see that glow in the dark embossing powder a perfect spooky project love and hugs Carole x

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Jackie, I love silhouettes myself :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

An utterly fabulous card, Jackie, hugs xxx

Alison59 said...

Ooh wow fabulous :-)

Alison59 said...

Ooh wow fabulous :-)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Awesome, I totally love Halloween.

Wheelie Crafty said...

Another Gorgeous card Jackie, I adore the image and the colours you have used on your card...

Hugs xxx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a great image, perfect for Halloween , and a great idea to make a bag for your sweet collection! Love the cat the pops round the front too. Glow in the dark embossing powder! Didn't know that existed - that would give you a fright in the middle of the night!
Take care
Love Diane xxxx