Followers

Monday 3 August 2015

Not Just Cards - Delightful Digi's Olly the Owl

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are enjoying the summer. Yes we are still away and this is another scheduled post this time for the Not Just Cards challenge blog. The them is always "Anything Goes" so why not join in for a bit of fun.  Don't forget your makes don't have to be cards. I used an image and backing papers from Delightful Digi's who are one of the sponsors this month. The images and backing paper came from the the O-Sew- Sweet collection.


I decided to decorate my journal cover it was plain brown and needed some jazzing up. I will let you into a little secret this journal is with me on the cruise. I write a diary entry everyday it is much cheaper to buy plain journals and decorate them myself. I used Olly the Owl image and the Patchwork quilt  background in Purple. 


I coloured Olly with Promarkers. He is in a frame that has flowers in the corner. 


I printed Olly three times but I only coloured the flowers on two I cut them out and added them to the main image. I finished everything off with ribbon and die cuts. 


I love having the freedom to decorate the journals how I want it makes a nice change from making cards. I do hope that you have a good week. I will be back by  the end of the week actually on my husband's birthday.  

Happy Crafting.

Hugs Jackie

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous Jackie this owl is so cute. Hugs Jennifer xx

Sandra Carey said...

Aww super cute Jackie Hugs Sandra xx

Carole Pollard said...

Great design love the image hope you are having a fab holiday hugs Carole x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous Jackie, I like the Owl and the corners
Kevin xx

Moni said...

Great make!!!

pam said...

Gorgeous owl card Jackie..
Hugs Pam x

Jackie said...

Love that cute owl, a lovely journal cover :o)
Jackie xx

Alison59 said...

Oh how lovely. It looks like Applique. Have fun writing in your journal :-)

Tracy Welham said...

Adorable card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

karenlotty said...

I've missed a couple of posts but have enjoyed looking at them Today's make is lovely I took a journal/ note pad in those days! on our first trip to Florida over 25 years ago knowing that I wanted to capture every moment because at the time I thought we'd never be able to afford to go to USA ever again I am so glad I did

Laine said...

Such a cutie Jackie. Such a cute image.
Laine
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Such a cutie, love the owl and beautiful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This is so cute. Beautiful card x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a sweet Owl Jackie. Too cute

Brawny x said...

He is fabulous Jackie. Great card x

Andree said...

A sweet card Jackie and a cute owl image. The flowers are lovely too xx