We are well into the working week now. The end of term is marching ever closer. This week I have been mostly watching rehearsals for the Summer Production at school. This time they are putting on the panto Aladdin. I do marvel that so many of the children are confident enough to sing solos. I couldn't have done anything like that at their age.
I am sharing another Christmas card using an image and backing paper from the 2015 Christmas collection at Delightful Digi's. Did you know that there is a Delightful Digi's Facebook group as well?
I used the Candle image and the Berries paper in red from the Christmas collection at Delightful Digi's. I haven't made an easel card in a while, ever since I found my poorly uncle displaying one on it's side. I thought it would be fun to have another go. I cut the biggest square card blank from a sheet of A4 that I could and I cut the topper from a second sheet. I discovered that my Tonic square dies matted nicely within this size so I used them to cut all the mats.
This is the base of the card the stopper was made with a free die from a magazine last year. The corners were cut with a Spellbinder die.
I coloured the image with Promarkers. To get the highlights on the berries I used a blender pen. For the background I cut a circle from a post-it note so I could cover the flame. Then I used a brush to lightly ink the background with blue. Once this was done I removed the post-it note and I covered the rest of the paper with a mask I made with a circle cut out so that I could ink the flame separately.
It must be years since I made an easel card I will be making a few more. I do like making shaped cards I will just have to be careful who I send them to or be there when they are opened so I can explain how to display it. I have quite a collection of Christmas cards now but there are still more to make.
I hope the rest of the week is kind to you.