Followers

Friday 29 May 2015

Delightful Digi's Field Mouse Journal Cover

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? It is nearly the weekend. We have a trip to the theatre tonight and a trip to London tomorrow to celebrate our daughter's birthday. So we are going to be busy. I do hope the weather is kind.

You might have noticed the new sparkly Design Team badge at the side of my blog. Yesterday it was announced that  I am now a member of the Delightful Digi's Design Team and today I am sharing my first make using one of their images and a backing paper. There is a blog where you can buy the images that you see just click on the picture below.


Everyday I write a diary, I have been doing it for years and years. I decided to buy a journal with a blank cover to decorate myself as decorated journal are expensive to buy.  Well it has been sat on my craft desk for ages waiting. Today was the day that it got decorated. 


It is an A5 journal with a craft card cover. I used the Delightful Digi's Green Quilt from the O- Sew-Sweet Collection for the background. The green of the quilt matched the green of the matting layers I had used. The way the journal opens meant that I couldn't cover the strip at the side, rather than leaving it plain I decided to put a length of lace there. 


For the main image I used the super cute  Field Mouse also from the O-Sew-Sweet Collection. He was coloured with Promarkers I must say he was lovely to colour quite therapeutic . I added buttons again as they went with the sewing/stitching theme. I might really be cured now. Though phobias are never rational it might be because the buttons I am using are new that I can cope.


I cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders die.


This was cut with another Spellbinder die. 


I am rather pleased with the end result and I will enjoy filling it in. I will certainly be on the lookout for more blank journals to cover. 

I forgot to mention that there is also a  Delightful Digi's Facebook Group that you can join to see what the design team have made and share makes of your own. Don't forget to visit the blog there are some beautiful images there. 

I hope you all have a brilliant weekend. I am hoping to do some crafting on Sunday. I do need to finish the wedding invitations. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

27 comments:

Chris said...

It`s gorgeous Jackie, Love the colours and the image is adorable. Chris xx

Kathy said...

aww this is perfect!

karenlotty said...

It's lovely I used to keep a journal for years (about 10 years) and stopped after my son died I couldn't face it For the past couple of years I journal a 4x6 photo album using photos and Serif Really must decorate the covers because they are plain and all are black Would save me trying to find the right one!

karenlotty said...

PS enjoy your trips and Happy Birthday to your daughter

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! I love this cute image and gorgeous die cuts. Congratulations on your new DT position too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

I love what you have done with this Jackie. Fab journal x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such a sweet image! Congrats on the DT

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Laine said...

Such a cute image and sweet creation Jackie. Congratulations on your new DT post.
Laine
xx

Tracy Welham said...

Great journal cover Jackie, love the colours you have picked. Congrats on the new DT post. Have a lovely weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Carole Pollard said...

So fabulous and well done you on your DTpost so deserved I love htis journal so special enjoy your weekend love and hugs Carole x

Carole Z said...

Lovely card Jackie, super image and congrats on the DT! Hugs Carole Zxx

Vee Cassidy said...

A lovely cover, Jackie. Congrats on your new DT. Have a lovely time on your outing. Vee xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful journal cover, love the colour and the background :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, fabulous journal cover, the little mouse is adorable and love how you have coloured it. Congratulations on the DT post. Hugs Jennifer xxx

Alizabethy said...

Congratulations on your new role - just love how you have decorated the journal!

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi Jackie ... well done on your new dt post ... love your journal cover ... how very clever ... hope you have a brilliant time in London ... guess you may find a "coffee shop" lol ...you are a very busy lady .. happy crafting and love sandy xx

Vee Cassidy said...

Hello again. Popping by on the hop this visit. Vee xx

Alison59 said...

CONGRATULATIONS and what a beautiful journal cover :-)

Nataliascraft said...

Congratulations on your DT pot. Fabulous journal cover x

Scrapthology said...

Congratulations on the DT, it's well deserved as proved by your lovely journal cover.

Anonymous said...

well done with getting the DT post, and love the project

Lizzies said...

Congratulations on the DT, fantastic project. Just hopping by.

Mrs A. said...

Wow. What a mouse he is. Great idea to cover your journal book . I use quite a few myself . Must remember o cover the next one too. Butterflies of course!

Lorna said...

Gorgeous cover for your journal and that little mouse is just so cute

hugs Lorna xx

Dawn said...

Super cute image & I love the dies you've used!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Congratulations my friend on your DT place. What a beautiful journal to write special memories in. Must look at the blog as the image you have used is beautiful.
Crafty hugs
Love Diane xxx