Followers

Thursday 28 May 2015

Back from Holiday

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good week. I have just got back from a few days in Amsterdam I must say it is a fascinating place to stay. There is so much to see and do.

Today's card I made with a die my good friend gave me for my birthday a few weeks ago. It is the Configurations Petite Arched Adornment die by Sue Wilson. It might be small but it is amazingly versatile.

I must have used it in its most basic form just to make corners. The edges line up  nicely and I was able to cut a square for the centre that I embossed with the A4 embossing folder Bed of Roses also by Sue Wilson. I cut two small squares one of the backing paper and one in white to hold the sentiment that I cut in black. 

Please forgive me I am going to share some pictures from my holiday. 



This is a typical view round Amsterdam there are so many canals.


This is not a working mill it has been turned into a bar. There are only two windmills in the city the others are in the countryside. 


It isn't really the right time for tulips but we did see a few roundabout. This picture was taken at the tulip museum - yes there is such a thing and all the signs were in English so just for tourists.


Do you remember Miffy? Well Miffy is 60 this year and there are many decorated Miffys around and about to celebrate her special birthday. Unfortunately they aren't all in Amsterdam so we couldn't see them all. The ones we saw were very cute.


Here is a reminder of my simple little card it measure 6" x 6" so a small one for me.

I hope you didn't mind me sharing a few of my holiday photos. I hope the rest of the week is good for you and your plans.

Happy crafting

Hugs Jackie

18 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Jackie, lovely to hear you had a fabulous time in Amsterdam and sharing the photographs. A fabulous card and I do love that die.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab card and layout....love your pics of Amsterdam....I really miss it, was to move over there years ago, but it fell through sadly!! I so loved the city and surrounding areas, loads to do and see!!
Krafty Hugs Donna x

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous pics Jackie. Looks like you had a good time. Fabulous card x

Laine said...

Beautiful card and fabulous pictures Jackie. I love Amsterdam and have had some lovely short breaks there.
Laine
xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie...Love the dies....Looks like you had a lovely time in Amsterdam...Great photos...Joolsx

Dawn said...

Welcome home Jackie! I love your beautiful card & your lovely photos!
We were lucky enough to visit Amsterdam a few years back & had a great time! We said we'd go back but haven't made it as yet!
Hugs
Dawn xx

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, lovely photos of your break, glad you had a lovely time.
Hugs Pam x

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant car its a fabulous die Amsterdam looks a great place I've only ever been in the Airport !! loved your photos as well Love and hugs Carole x

Andree said...

A wonderfully elegant card Jackie, the die is lovely.
I'm pleased you had a nice time in Amsterdam. It's a wonderful city to walk around xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, your card is so elegant, I just love that die and embossing. Great holiday pictures, Amsterdam looks a lovely place. Hugs Jennifer xx

Anonymous said...

love this card, so elegant

Jackie said...

This is just so exquisite, a gorgeous card.
Wonderful photographs, bring back memories for me of 1994 when I was last there :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely holiday! Gorgeous card! Very elegant. xx

Alison59 said...

A very elegant card and fab photos :-)

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful pics too. Amsterdam is one of my favourite places and it looks like you had a fab time. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kathy said...

Such an elegant card Jackie
Loved the photos, especially those beautiful tu;ips

KarinsArtScrap said...

Great pictures from Amsterdam Jackie and a elegant and gorgeous card
Gr Karin

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
I'm glad you like the die, it looks really pretty and I love the way you have teamed it with an embossed section. I was surprised how small it was too but as you say so many uses. The Amsterdam photos are fab, must go there one day, oh yes Miffy, loved the books.
Take care love Diane xxx