Followers

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Super Hero - Cardz 4 Guyz GDT

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I am sorry I have been quiet it has been a very busy weekend busy and fun. I hope that you had fun too and that you had a lovely Easter.

As you can see from the title of this blog post I am the Guest Designer on the Challenge Blog Cardz 4 Guyz. It is a weekly challenge and there is a theme for each week. This week the theme is Superhero. I took my inspiration from the shield of Captain America.


This was a fun card to make. I started with the background I stamped the background with CS Perfect Medium and then heat embossed it with white and silver embossing powder. Once this was done I inked over the surface with two shades of blue Distress Ink.


I made the shields with various dies and a star punch.


I used a Visible Image stamp for the sentiment.


I was pleased with how this one turned out. People who have seen this card have reconised that it is Captain America's shield. I don't think I have infringed any copyrights here.

Have a great week. Why not join in the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz it is lots of fun.

I would like to join in with Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 171. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

31 comments:

Sam Lewis said...

Well, you've nailed the theme!! Captain America screamed out at me before I even read your writing! But then I am a huge nerd haha! Gorgeous as always xxSAMxx

Laine said...

Fabulous male themed card Jackie. Many congratulations on your GDT spot.
Laine
xx

Tracy Welham said...

Great male card. My hubby loves all the super hero movies, a card like this would suit him down to the ground! Congrats on your GDT spot. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Carole Pollard said...

This is fabulous what an amazing design and gorgeous background Its just a perfect male card Love and hugs Carole x

Doreen said...

Lovely details and a fab design.xxx

Unknown said...

Captain America to the rescue,fab card Jackie love the design you created. Hugs Jennifer xx

JayBe said...

Congrats on your GDT for Cardz 4 Guyz - fancy seeing you there! Lol. I love your 'Superhero' design, hun - a great interpretation of the theme.
Hugz, Jan xx

JayBe said...

Congrats on your GDT for Cardz 4 Guyz - fancy seeing you there! Lol. I love your 'Superhero' design, hun - a great interpretation of the theme.
Hugz, Jan xx

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations on your GDT. A fabulous male card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Julie B said...

Well done with this one Jackie, it certainly fits the bill.
So pleased to have you as GD this week. :)

Brawny x said...

Fab card Jackie. A great GDT post x

Di said...

Well done Jackie on the GDT post! And what a fabby card too - perfect for the challenge!

And of course, a snippets buster too :)

Hugs

Di xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous and great card Jackie
Gr Karin

Chris said...

Great card Jackie, perfect for any teenager. Chris xx

Wendy said...

What a great super-hero card! Fab colours. Xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jackie, I love it. Great card hon xxx

Lizzies said...

Fabulous card, just hopping by.

What I Created Next said...

Great card Jackie. I find it so difficult to think of men cards x

Andree said...

A brilliant card Jackie and a fabulous idea xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Go Captian America! love the close up, such wonderful detail

Jackie said...

Fabulous man card Jackie :o)
Jackie xx

Kimbo said...

Love all the shields, great card x

Unknown said...

A most perfect card for our Men, Jackie, love this hun, hugs xxx

jane stillman said...

Great male card x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant male card...great dies and colours....Joolsx

Andrea W said...

Super card Jackie! The multiple shields make a wonderful impact. Very cool! So glad you're a guest designer this month at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Jane Willis said...

Great to have you with us on the Cardz 4 Guyz team this month! I've never seen Captain America's shield (maybe because I only have daughters and granddaughters, no sons or grandsons!) but even so the card is stunning.
Jane

karenlotty said...

Found You! I've seen your name on Sue, John and Julia's blogs but got your blog address via Diane on Cotswoldcrafter Great card and very Captain America Don't know if you are infringing copyright (and don't quote me, I may be wrong) but as long as you are not selling/making them for commercial reasons I think you are safe

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, Another gorgeous card, love the shield and the colors are great.

Chrissy xx

Carole Z said...

Fab guy card, super colours, hugs Carole Z X

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Love this card, what great colours and using the congratulations stamp in the background is fab. Congratulations on your GDT.
Love Diane xxx