Followers

Thursday 9 April 2015

Lovebirds Engagement Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How are you all getting on? I am enjoying the lovely weather we are having. There are two lots of washing out drying on the line. I just love  it when the weather is fine enough to do this. I also noticed that we have a Blue-tit nesting in one of our nest boxes.

Yesterday I heard some good news that one of my work colleagues has just got engaged (isn't Facebook wonderful?).  I made a quick card for her and her fiance.


I have had the Clarity Lovebird stamp for a while and it leapt to mind when I started to think about this card. When I was looking through my Clarity folder I spotted the Lady's Mantle stamp.


I stamped the birds first with black Archival and heat emobossed them with a sparkly black embossing powder. The birds were coloured with Promarkers. Round the edge I stamped the Clarity Lady's Mantle stamp with Seedless Preservers Distress ink and then heat embossed  with a clear powder. The birds were covered with a circle mask and I used three shades of Distress ink to ink over the page. Finally I added some blue distress ink  round the birds. I matted the  piece onto a dark blue mat. The finished card is 6" x 6".


I don't usually make cards like this but I was quite pleased with how this one turned out. I think I will be having a go again soon. I kept thinking about how I could change the design.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

26 comments:

karenlotty said...

Hee hee How strange us that Found you on my laptop and left a comment on the 7th and then decided to add you to my iPod and li a new post! Lovely different idea for an Engagement card

Doreen said...

Love the image, what a gorgeous card.xx

Brawny x said...

Aw this is sooooo cute Jackie. Fabulous card x

Unknown said...

Oh Jackie this is gorgeous and so unusual in the design, an engagement card that will sit proudly in front of all the rest me thinks. Fabulous design. Hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a very pretty card Jackie
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Such a cute pair Jackie. Wonderful colour and detail.
Laine
xx

Chris said...

It`s beautiful Jackie, Love the birdies and the border around the edge. Chris xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous. Love the birds.
Hugs
Linda xxz

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jackie it's beautiful and I'm sure it will be treasured by the happy couple xxx

Andree said...

This is a gorgeous engagement card Jackie. The lovebird stamp is just perfect and I love the design xx

Jackie said...

Lovely card and colours :o)
Jackie xx

jane stillman said...

So you should be pleased - your card is wonderful - gorgeous background and image x

Carole Pollard said...

So beautiful what a gorgeous border I love the colours and fab birds. Great colouring love and hugs Carole x

Hels Sheridan said...

Cute little lovebirds, perfect for an engagement. Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie...Beautiful card...love the image...fab border...Joolsx

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, A beautiful card, love the love birds they are so cute.

Chrissy xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Gorgeous card-perfect as an engagement card.

Michele

ALI said...

Lovely card and a cute image.

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Such a cute image, fab card, Px

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant engagement card, beautiful design and fabulous image x

Sandra Carey said...

Oh thats beautiful Hugs Sandra xx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love those birds! Hugs Carole Z X

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning, love the coloring you did on this!

Unknown said...

Jackie this is just gorgeous, a beautiful image, colouring stunning, and love the edging around the card, hugs xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Ah bless Jackie this is super really lovely hugs Judith xxx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie what a gorgeous card and the lovebirds are perfect for an engagement. They are great to colour in too aren't they.
Playing catch up here.
Take care
Love Diane xxx