Followers

Thursday 23 April 2015

Dragonflies Times Two

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

Not too long and it will be the weekend. Don't the weeks seem to be rushing passed quickly. I do like the longer days I feel like I can get so much done. I have set time aside at the weekend to get on with the wedding invitations I have been asked to make, I do keep putting them off,  but then I do keep being asked to make other cards. I will get them done in time I would never let anyone down.

On to today's cards, I got a free dragonfly stamp and matching die with a magazine and I decided to have a play with them. I would like to enter it for Pixie's Snippets Playground - 173 as you can see from the design lots of snippets were used in both cards.


This is actually the second card I made, I do like this one more. The background had been laying around for a while since I made another card it hadn't work so well so it needed to be covered up a bit more. The paper was inked over with Distress ink and then spritzed with water and dabbed with paper towel to remove some of the moisture.


This shows the detail of the stamp. I cut a plain dragonfly to put behind the stamped dragonfly. 


The sentiment was stamped with  a stamp I had in my stash  I inked round the edge and matted it on to black. 


This is the first card I made. I had the the backing paper for a while and I thought of it immediately when I got the stamp and die set. 


This time I cut a mauve dragonfly to put under the stamped dragonfly. The greeting was stamped straight onto the paper.



There are the two cards  near to each other. They are both 6" x 6" cards and nice and flat for posting. 

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

28 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Fab designs love this freebie think I might have it in my dies as well I love the colours and the very pretty background. Good luck with the invites i did a whole load last year and you really do have to be disciplined although I did get into a little production line preparing everything for 10 at a time Love and hugs Carole x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards love them both.xxx

karenlotty said...

I love both too I've done something similar with SW's Les Papillion (the first one) I like the layout of the second one Can't decide on a favourite

Unknown said...

Two fab cards Jackie, love the colours and really like your design on the first one, with the four squares. Hugs Jennifer xx

Darnell said...

They are both very lovely snippets cards, Jackie! I love dragonflies so these really made me smile!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda Simpson said...

Evening Jackie, these two cards are gorgeous! I do love my butterflies and dragonflies. The background and designs are fabulous.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy said...

Two really pretty cards Jackie! Those little dragonflies are lovely! Xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow such beautiful cards Jackie
Gr Karin

Nataliascraft said...

Two gorgeous dragonflies cards x

Sandra Carey said...

These are beautiful and reminded me I have these 2 Hugs Sandra xx

Donna Mosley said...

These are so pretty Jackie, I have this set, you've inspired me to use it.

Donna x

Laine said...

These are stunning Jackie.
Laine
xx

Jacee said...

Just found your blog, so enjoyed looking around, you make some really lovely cards I shall be calling in to see your lovely creations regularly, hope you'll come and visit me too.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Chris said...

They are beautiful Jackie, I`ve not used mine yet. Chris xx

Di said...

Two beautiful cards Jackie, and what a super free gift! I actually love both cards equally :)

Hugs

Di xx

What I Created Next said...

Very stylish cards Jackie. Sweet and simple. I've got that stamp and die too and have yet to use them but like them very much.

pam said...

Two wonderful cards Jackie, love the dragonflies, beautiful colors.
Hugs Pam

janna'scraftingattic said...

These are lovely and how nice to have dragonflies for a change from butterflies. I am sure you will get your invites done , I am the same , queen of procrastination !

Andree said...

Both fantastic cards Jackie and great layouts. The stamp/die set is wonderful and I love the backing paper xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous dragonflies! Love the layouts you did. Hope you get all the invites done. I myself am expected to do a huge set of graduation announcements. Yeah, haven't started on them yet

Jackie said...

Two wonderful cards Jackie, I do love dragonflies :o)
Jackie xx

Crafty Judith said...

Morning Jackie and 2 super gorgeous cards hun great design love them crafty hugs Judith xxx

Carole Z said...

Two gorgeous cards Jackie, great stamp! Have a good weekend, hugs Carole Z X

Tracy Welham said...

They looking gorgeous, love the colours too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie....Love the dies and the pretty papers and colour.....Joolsx

ALI said...

I love the cards you have made with the freebies, they look like they stamp and cut beautifully,

Dawn said...

Two stunning cards Jackie! The dragonflies are beautiful!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie love both of these cards and isn't it lovely to have a dragonfly instead of a butterfly for a change! Love the background papers you have used. Take care love Diane xxx