Followers

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Cardz 4 Guyz Jungle Fun

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you are having a good week. I am on still on  Easter holidays from school and I am having so much fun.

This is my Guest Design Team piece for Cardz 4 Guyz the theme is Jungle Fun this new challenge starts today. When I think of fun and jungles I always think of monkeys.


I started by working out how to make the tunnel card. I had a few attempts using my Hougie board for the scoring. Eventually I worked out the design then I cut an aperture in the front of the card. 


This shows the folds the back panel was separate. I decorated this first by inking a sun masking it and then inking with some stronger colours. I used a mask to create the branch and another to create the grass. 


I added some die cut leaves and ivy.


The cheeky monkeys were stamped in black archival and then heat embossed with clear powder. They were coloured with Promarkers, 


I think a man would like this card. My father-in-law always likes a shaped card he loves trying to work out how they are made.

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Why not join in with the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

31 comments:

Crafty Judith said...

Oh Jackie and what fun this is really made me smile a lot love it crafty hugs Judith xxx

Cumbrianlass said...

Oh this is so super cute Jackie love it and those Monkeys ( which are not my favourite animal lol) are adorable.
Hugs
Janet xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Fantastic its made me smile i love the great shape and fab design its all gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

Brawny x said...

Very cute card Jackie x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a great card an those monkeys are so cute. I haven't tried a tunnel card yet, it's on my list of things to try! Love the way you have incorporated the ivy die too, so useful.
Take care and enjoy the rest of the holidays.
Love Diane xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love those monkeys.xxx

Unknown said...

Great tunnel card Jackie, I love your cheeky monkeys!
Fab, fun colours too.
Amy x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Jackie
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Such a fabulous tunnel card and so love the cute monkeys.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Super fun make! Love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Chris said...

What a great card, my hubby would love this as monkeys are his favourite animal. Chris xx

Laine said...

Such a fun care Jackie. Love those monkeys and all of your wonderful detail.
Laine
xx

Cookie said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC TUNNEL CARD, JUST LOVE IT, SUPER CUTE XXXXX

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, what a fun card, loving the monkeys and fab tunnel card. Great backing with leaves and trees. Hugs Jennifer xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

What a fantastic card.. Love the monkeys, Px

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant card Jackie, love the monkeys x

pam said...

Fantastic card design Jackie, love those monkeys.
Hugs Pam

karenlotty said...

This is gorgeous for young and old alike Monkeys play a huge part in our lives Our son was a zoo keeper and was Head Monkey Man His ashes are scattered with his monkeys He'd have lived this Great job Jacquie x

karenlotty said...

PS sorry I spelt your name wrong Jackie

Carole Z said...

AAH this made me smile Jackie, what a super cute, fun card, hugs Carole Z X

Sandra Carey said...

Aw Jackie Super cute card love I love it Hugs Sandra xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jackie, this is totally adorable! I love it! xxx

Jan said...

Love this xx Jan

Jane Willis said...

What a super card - I love those cheeky monkeys. And I agree, men often like a card that has a bit of "engineering" to intrigue them.
Jane

Dawn said...

Brilliant card Jackie! I do love a monkey on a card, I must look for mine & have a play.....if I get time! lol
HUgs
Dawn xx

JayBe said...

What a creative design, Jackie - I love those cheeky little monkeys too.
Hugz, Jan xx

JayBe said...

What a creative design, Jackie - I love those cheeky little monkeys too.
Hugz, Jan xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Am sitting here with a big grin on my chops, how CUTE are those ickle monkeys... LOVE your card, the dimension looks fab... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So adorable. Love the image. Just makes me smile

Unknown said...

How fabulous Jackie, would have been perfect for my Grandson's 1st birthday last April, this year he is into Dinosaur's, LOL...hugs xxx

Nikki said...

What a brilliant, fun card. I love it! X