Followers

Tuesday 21 April 2015

Cardz 4 Guyz - Football Crazy

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope your week is going well. I am now back at school but as someone was telling me at the weekend it is not long and we will have a bank holiday to enjoy.

This is my Guest Design Team card for Cardz 4 Guyz  the theme for challenge 67 is  Football Crazy and anyone can join in so why not have a go. I would like to enter it for Challenge 24 at Crafting Musketeers which is "It's a Man's World".


I started with the LOTV image. I found an image of a football pitch to use as the background. This is a tent fold card made from an A4 sheet scored in half .


Although the image was pre-printed I did add some more ink to it  and I cut it  out with a die to make it the size I wanted. This makes it easier to make the mats for it  as well. The football sticking out from behind the image came from a failed attempt to print a background but the ink ran out on the whole sheet but the football was OK.


I added the sentiment to the side of the image but it seemed like there was too much empty space. I had received the free alphabet dies with a Tattered Lace Magazine and I decided to cut out some words in white to fill the space.


I am pleased with how this card turned out. I will have to think of someone to send it to.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

22 comments:

Julie B said...

Great idea to use the pitch as a background Jackie and the addition of the extra words really work. :)

Laine said...

Fabulous male themed card Jackie. Love all of your added die cut detail.
Laine
xx

Jane Willis said...

What a super card full of great ideas.
Jane

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab and gorgeous card great design Jackie
Gr Karin

karenlotty said...

It's a brilliant card and would suit the older male "children" too Those alphabet dies really make the card pop

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, I love your card, it's fabulous. Great attention to detail on the background and tha image is so cute. Hugs Jennifer xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and a fab design.xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, A fabulous card and love the image, great colours and love the design.

Chrissy

JayBe said...

I love how the same image can look so different, Jackie - a great design and I love the football pitch design paper as a background.
Hugz, Jan xx

JayBe said...

I love how the same image can look so different, Jackie - a great design and I love the football pitch design paper as a background.
Hugz, Jan xx

pam said...

Brilliant card design Jackie, great image and colors.
Hugs Pam.

Carole Pollard said...

Looks brilliant its a great football card such a well researched design. Love those letters great for a freebie I'm looking for some alphabet dies and these look a good size was it a recent magazine ? Love and hugs Carole x

Kimbo said...

Great card, love the background and the words work well x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That is the cutest little boy. Great football theme card

Jackie said...

Very cute image and a lovely card :o)
Jackie xx

Tracy Welham said...

Fab, clever backing sheet. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Crafty Judith said...

Jackie how cute is wee guy love him. Fabulous card design hun and terrific colouring crafty hugs Judith xxx

Barbara said...

Great card, Jackie.....I've always liked the LOTV toppers, although never get to use them these days xx

Carole Z said...

I love this cute image and have used it a lot, your card is super cute! Hugs Carole Z X

Dawn said...

Cute card for a football lover of any age!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a cute card and I love the LOTV image. The alphabet dies are great for a freebie. Take care love Diane xxx

Crafting Musketeers said...

Thank you for entering this months challenge over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog , we love your entry xx