Followers

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Cardz 4 Guyz - Flight

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I do hope you are having a good week here we are at Tuesday already. We are off to the theatre tonight. The local  theatre did a good offer on a murder mystery play and it would have been rude not to.

This is my last Guest Design Team card for Cardz 4 Guyz this time the theme is Flight. I have really enjoyed making the cards for this months challenges.  I find I am more creative when I have a theme to work to. I do hope they will have me back sometime. Why not come and join in the fun?


The design started with some vintage pictures of planes and that set the tone of the card.
I had the backing paper in my stash I loved the strong colours and the bold lines.


I had a few similar images and I did want to use them all on the card. In the end I decided it was all too cluttered so I settled for just one focal image. 


I stamped the sentiment with Sepia ink. I have been using this stamp a lot lately. I have the Spellbinders matting basics dies and this stamp fits well inside one of the smaller ones and it is easy to make a mat for it. 


I have a hot air balloon die and I used it to cut a page from an old music book I inked through the die before I removed the paper. Other elements on the card were cut from a 12" x 12" page and inked them to make them look older.


I have really enjoyed being Guest on Cardz 4 Guyz. I hope the rest of the week is kind to you.  

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

36 comments:

Jane Willis said...

What a great card. I love the balloon cut from music paper, fab idea. Thanks for your month of inspiration, hope you'll join us again soon
Jane

Kathy said...

This is wonderful, I love the vintagey, grungey colours and all the images and patterns layered up together

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab masculine card Jackie
Gr Karin

Sandra Carey said...

Fantastic Male card Jackie Hugs Sandra xx

Jan said...

Love this Jackie xx Jan

Unknown said...

Way to go Jackie, you have cracked it with this one. It is fabulous. Love the vintage look and a great design. Hugs Jennifer xx

karenlotty said...

Fabulous vintage/grungy look One of my favourite ideas that I try to do and never quite get it right - unlike yours Works brilliantly

Doreen said...

Beautiful....Lovely design and colours.xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant vintage card the design is fabulous just love it love and hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

Love the papers and design on this card Jackie! Fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

Fab masculine card! Love the layout. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely boy theme card. I am huge on planes too.

Donna Mosley said...

A great card Jackie, love it!

Donna x

pam said...

Brilliant vintage mans card Jackie, great toppers and colours.
Hugs Pam

Laine said...

Fabulous design on this male themed card Jackie.
Laine
xx

Andree said...

A brilliant card Jackie. I love all the vintage elements xx

sam said...

This is a lovely male card xx

Vee Cassidy said...

Your card is really brilliant, Jackie and I bet they are dying to have you back. Vee xx

Joan said...

A fabulous card Jackie, I love the balloon die cut from music paper, what a great idea

Joan

Wendy said...

A really fab card for a man, great design and love the vintage flight theme! Xx

Jackie said...

What an excellent man card :o)
Jackie xx

Carole Z said...

Super guy card Jackie! Hugs Carole Z X

Crafty Judith said...

Morning Jackie and real fab make hun love it hope u enjoyed the theatre too - hoping to go to see the Mouse Trap later in the month crafty blessings Judith xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant male card and fabulous design x

Julie B said...

Fab montage card Jackie. Thanks for being our GD this month. :)

ALI said...

Fabulous male card, love the layout.

Unknown said...

I find male cards so hard to do, but obviously you're great at them! Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous! xx

JayBe said...

This is a fab design, Jackie - I love all the different elements, especially the die-cut balloon peeking out from behind the main image. It's been great to have you guest design at C4G, I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge.
Have a great bank holiday weekend.
Hugz, Jan xx

JayBe said...

This is a fab design, Jackie - I love all the different elements, especially the die-cut balloon peeking out from behind the main image. It's been great to have you guest design at C4G, I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge.
Have a great bank holiday weekend.
Hugz, Jan xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is fab, Jackie xxx

Kimbo said...

Great card, love the musical balloon x

Kimbo said...

Great card, love the musical balloon x

Lisbeth said...

hi
Beautiful....Lovely design and colours.xxx
Thanks for joinig us at cuttlebug mania
greetings Lisbeth
DT-Cuttle bug mania

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie I have really enjoyed your male card collection but I think this might be my favourite. Love the music balloon it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Love Diane xxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Just popping over from Cre8ive Cindy's. Great masculine card!

Unknown said...

Great card love the vintage feel to it Debbs xx ( manly monday feature congrats x )