Followers

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Butterflies, Music and pictures from Ally Pally

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I had just the best weekend. We went to Ally Pally on Saturday  and I met some lovely people and I bought lots of crafty stash. Then on Sunday we went to Beatles Day at the White Rock Theatre in Hastings with two friends. Altogether it was a stella weekend. There was not much time to craft though. I am still on Easter holidays which is fab. I might get a bit of time to catch up. We are away again next weekend this time in Devon.

I made this card to enter the Butterfly Challenge #28 Butterflies and Music Notes. I would like to enter it for Pixie's Snippets Playground - 172 I used a few snippets to make this including the page of an old music book.


I made the background first using  Visible Image butterfly stamps. I stamped the large and the small butterfly with Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink they were then heat embossed with a clear powder. I inked over the page with Old Paper Distress ink and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. 


I cut a square from a page of an old music book and I stamped the large butterfly with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.


I cut the Tattered Lace Music die from some snippets of  white paper and added them to the design.


Here are some of my photos from Saturday at Ally Pally.  It is an amazing building, where they hold the Big Stamping and Scrapbooking show twice a year.


This is Pam Smith she is on the Creative Expressions Design Team. I got to know her when we were on Sam Poole's Design Team together. 


 Mark and Helen from Visible Image they make wonderful stamps. Mark told me that he sits in the evening cutting out the stamps by hand, that is dedication.


John Lockwood he is also on the Creative Expressions Design Team. He was so nice to me, I did bring him jelly babies, he gave me some dazzlers.


 Jenny Redfern she is a freelance demonstrator and she was on the Samuel Taylors stand. I got to know her through Facebook. It is so nice when you meet Facebook friends in real life. 


 Julia Watts and Phill Martin both on the Creative Expressions Design Team. I got to speak to Sue Wilson as well, mostly about cruises, but I didn't get a photo. 


Finally this is Florence she recognized me from Do-crafts site it was lovely to put a face to a name.


My stash from the show I can't wait to have a play.


Just a quick reminder of the card I made.

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

26 comments:

Sandra Carey said...

Great card and fab pics of the day Hugs Sandra xx

Tracy Welham said...

Love the design of this card, and it looks like you had a fun day out. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jo Channon said...

Looks like a good day all round. I used to love working at Ally Pally a lovely show x

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my looks like you had a fabulous day and loving the products you purchase. A fabulous card!
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Jackie, fabulous photo's and great goodies you have bought.
Gr Karin

Laine said...

Fabulous card, image and detail Jackie. Looks like a wonderful weekend. Lovely pics with lots of familiar faces.
Laine
xx

Mrs A. said...

I love the colours and all those butterflies are making me smile. Great idea to stamp onto a piece of old music paper. It makes a lovely focal point. Thankyou or fluttering by # 28 hugs Mrs A.

karenlotty said...

Lovely card I love how you've used a piece of music It's a great effect I nearly bought the TL die at Ally Pally Now I wish I had! So pleased with my booty except for one of the thiings But I'll persevere!

Jan said...

Great card and pictures TFS xx Jan

Andree said...

A fantastic card Jackie, I love all the butterflies and the musical die-cuts. Great photos from Ally Pally, I'm glad you had a good day xx

pam said...

Brilliant card Jackie, looks like you had a wonderful day..great photos..
Hugs Pam

Jackie said...

A wonderful card and beautiful photographs, Sounds like a good time was had by all :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Jackie. I love everything about it. Great photo's you really did look as if you were having a good time. Hugs Jennifer xx

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jackie, A beautiful card and love the butterfly and the music paper. Glad you had a great time and some lovely photos.

Chrissy xx

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Jackie! I love how you used the music backing plus those lovely die cuts - as well as a few butterflies of course :)

Great photos from Ally Pally as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous post loved your photos and the card well just fabulous Enjoy your goodies and weekend Love and hugs Caroe x

Carole Z said...

Thank you for sharing your fab photos Jackie, wish I'd been there! Your card is gorgeous, love how you've place the music notes, hugs Carole Z X

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie...love the background paper....Looks like you had a lovely time at Ally pally...not been for a few years...great to see another docrafter....Joolsx

Dawn said...

A gorgeous card Jackie & some beautiful photos! It's always lovely to meet online friends!
Enjoy your stash!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jackie, your card is gorgeous. Your pix are wonderful too xxx

Kath said...

A fabulous card - there is so much detail and the music paper makes your card perfect for our 'M for Music Notes' challenge.
Kath x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card and great pics, John Lockwood used to live next door to me here in Spain, that where his blog name came from xxxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So beautiful. Love the butterfly and the tattered lace die

Unknown said...

Fabulous pictures from Ally Pally, Jackie, was booked to come down, but had to cancel due to a Kidney Infection, looks like you had fun, my friend...and what an utterly amazing card you have here, just so very special, hugs xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous pics Jackie never been to Ally Pally must take a trip sometime. Fabulous card too love the addition of I think the tattered lace music notes thanks for stopping by my blog too hugs Judith xxx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie What a beautiful card and I love the use of sheet music, really adds to the card. The photos of Ally Pally are great and I love the look of your stash - are they Clarity brushes I spy!???
Love Diane xxx