Followers

Friday 19 September 2014

Woodland Creatures Christmas Cards and Tags in a Box

Hi Bloggers

What a week we have had and we are still joined to Scotland. So no changing money when we go there on holiday.

Today's post is one of the last projects I created for Creative Studios by Sam Poole when I was on the Design Team  and it was seen on Create and Craft.


Firstly I made two A4 sheets of background paper by stamping the Mistletoe background stamp with Perfect Medium onto white card and then heat embossing it with CS Clear Detail embossing powder. Then I inked the paper with three shades of green Distress Ink.


I made the cards first. The greeting was one of Sam's and mounted it onto a holly tag cut with a Spellbinders die. 


Here is the detail on the card you can see the matting and layering. I often use black in my layers I feel it adds definition.


This is the insert inside the card using another two of Sam's stamps.


Then I made matching tags. I did add in some of the older release stamps with the new stamps by Sam, I thought they went so well together.

Then it came to making the box. I stacked up all the cards, envelopes and tags and I measured the height to know how high to make the sides of the box. I worked out how big to cut the paper and I used my Hougie board to score the box. Before I assembled the box I cut an aperture in the top the same shape as the tags. I inserted some heat resistant acetate that I had pre-stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed with CS white fine detail embossing powder. Once assembled I decorated the box with matching paper and a robin and a tag.

Tomorrow I am off to Ally Pally I am hoping to meet Sue Wilson and Julia Watts not to mention Phill Martin and to see some demos. I have a shopping list from a friend as well as my own it should be a busy day. 

Have a great weekend.

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie





18 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
my what a superb array of cards, tags, and beautiful box to go with them.
I really love your superb designing on these, fab creations.
Your stamping, colouring, and inking is fabulous.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alison59 said...

Wow you have been busy. They are lovely :-)

Mrs O crafty blog said...

What a fantastic collection, Px

Andree said...

Your samples are fabulous. I love the background you created and the box is wonderful. I will have to wait till Sunday to get to Ally Pally, I hope there is something left xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are all gorgeous and loving the images and you sure have been busy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carole Z said...

Loved these when I saw them on Sam's show...they are all fabulous and would make a great gift, hugs Carole Z X

Brawny x said...

These are all amazing Jackie. I saw Sams shows too. Just fab x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous cards and tags, love your paper background x

pam said...

hi Jackie, amazing projects, beautiful images and colours..all fabulous..
are you not on the DT now..
pam

Alizabethy said...

loving the tags - so cute!

Unknown said...

What a fab collection x love the designs x
Sandie x

Jackie T said...

Sam is on maternity leave so she let us all go. But we are all still in touch. Hugs

annesyme said...

Fantastic selection of cards tags and box.
Anne x

applejack cards by sue said...

Mornin' Jackie, What a stunning idea! You have inspired me to make a similar project. The cards and matching tags really are beautiful.

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
This collection is fabulous you did work hard on it and it looks stunning. What a great idea to have matching cards and tags. This stamp collection is really cute too. Thank you for taking my list, looking forward to seeing your photo with Sue. Love Diane xxx

Anonymous said...

lovely set of cards, such cute designs

Keren Baker said...

How beautiful! A gorgeous collection! x

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous Jackie I follow you now.

Gr Karin