Followers

Sunday 7 September 2014

Rose themed Engagement Card

Hi Bloggers

I have had a few bits to make recently this one is an Engagement card for the lady who is leaving our church to study for a PhD in Oxford. Well she got engaged this summer as well so this time next year she might well be married that's if everything goes according to plan. I would like to make a card for that too.

This card  was made almost exclusively with Sue Wilson dies (they are nice to work with). The back ground was made using the Rose background die from the Italian collection.
I cut it once in white and once in purple and offset the purple behind the white to create a shadow. I used a pale patterned paper behind the background so there was a contrast with the die.

I made the ribbon flower following a tutorial on Sue Wilson's blog. This is my second attempt my first was too tight and the flower didn't look right. I inked the ribbon before I rolled it up. I did cut two sets of leaves one in purple and one in green. I put the green ones over the purple ones to echo what I had done with the background. 


This is the box I made for the card, the flower made it too thick for an envelope. Again I used  Sue Wilson dies this time from the French collection there is also  a matching stamp. I do have a thing about roses and I am starting to collect lots of crafting bits which have roses on them.

Thank you again for stopping by and for any comments you may leave. 

Have a great week.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs Jackie  


10 comments:

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Jackie, such a pretty card... loving the flower!

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful background and love the flower you made x

pam said...

hi Jackie, your card is really beautiful, love the Sue Wilson dies you have used, colours and design are fantastic.
hugs pam

Heike said...

This card is just beautiful. I also love the Sue Wilson dies. They are so great for quick yet gorgeous results.
Heike xx

Carole Z said...

HI Jackie, this is so pretty, the dies look great and I love your flower! Hugs Carole Z X

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie wow what a pretty card and how fantastic you have tried the ribbon rose , I must give that a go. Take care love Diane xxxx

Alison59 said...

A beautiful creation. The flower is stunning :-)

annesyme said...

Gorgeous card,love the lace rose and Sue Wilson dies. Just hopped over from DC
Anne x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jakie,
popped over from Carole's blog as she suggested.
what a really fab card.
I love your design, and that ribbon rose is super.
I bet your friend was so pleased with it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie
Lovely card and box. That's the trouble when you make a dimensional card you can't put it in to an envelope.
Sheila x