Followers

Saturday 27 September 2014

Nautical Just for You with a matching tag.

Hi Bloggers

I hope you are having a fun filled weekend. I was lucky enough to see Singing in the Rain at our local theatre last night and it really did rain on the stage, twice. The people in the front rows got very wet. Today we are having a bit of a quiet day and my husband is taking the opportunity to set up our new computer. So I will have to get used to the pleasures of Windows 8.

Today I am sharing with you a card and matching tag that I made with Sam Poole's nautical range of stamps.


The card and tag both started with the background which was made at a friend's house when she invited me round to have a play with a Gelli plate. It was something I had never tried before and I was very impressed with the results, especially how well the Special touch netting mask worked with this technique. 


I stamped the Just for you stamp onto white card and I coloured it with Promarkers. It was cut out with a Spellbinders rectangle die which meant I was able to ink through the die.I cut a frame for this uses some of the larger dies from this set. The embossing folder I used for one of the other layers was the Quilted Flowers A4 embossing folder and once embossed I inked round the edges to bring out the detail.

This shows the detail of the stamp. I did stamp it twice and cut the anchor from one so I could mount on foam in the middle.

For some added detail I added an Antique Button and some Bakers Twine I did want the card to have a masculine feel.

I was able to make a matching tag as we had used a piece of card to mask the centre of the Gelli plate but of course it got printed too, waste not want not. I do like things that match. I think, in the future,  I might get my own Gelli plate. At the moment I don't really have enough time to experiment so I am hoping to be invited round to have another play at my friend's house sometime she is a very good teacher.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie





19 comments:

Brawny x said...

Wow these are amazing. What a fab male card and tag. X

Jackie said...

Hi Jackie, lovely to see you here in blogland. Thank you for popping in to see my blog and leaving a lovely comment :o)
Jackie xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Jackie, I love the combination of colours and embellishment. Great tag too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous and great card Jackie beautiful done.
Gr Karin

Alison59 said...

Fabulous creations :-)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card and tag....love the design and colours....Joolsx

Unknown said...

Beautiful...I really love this, the backing is fab and the main sentiment is lush, way to go xx
Sandie x

Nataliascraft said...

Brilliant male card, love the design x

Lizzies said...

Fabulous card, just hopping by

Heike said...

Lovely projects. The background of the card is a real stunner.
Heike xx

Kelly D said...

love this, the background is fab and the detail you have put into it really shows Hugs Kelly x

Laine said...

Fabulous male themed card Jackie. Lovely design and detail.
Laine
xx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card and tag Jackie, love the colours, great for a guy, hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie - what a great card. I've just got into the GeliPlate - great fun! Love everything about this card. design & detail great.
Bev xx

playingwithpaper said...

lovely card & tag Jackie. I havent been brave enough to try the gelli plate yet.

pam said...

Jackie, this is fantastic, great male card. I do not have a gelli plate..that much stuff I buy and not use!!!!
pam

Anonymous said...

lovely card, great textures and colours

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card with a matching tag, love that buttons (they are one of my fav embellishments!). Great job

Unknown said...

Fantastic male card love it xx