Followers

Friday 12 September 2014

Flowers and Bows

Hi Bloggers

I am using a laptop borrowed from my husband's work as our desktop, Old Faithfull, has decided to give up the ghost. I can check things on my phone and my Kindle but they are no good for updating your blog.

Todays card is one I made for a challenge. I wanted it to be fresh and summery using what I think of as  ice-cream colours.

  
 
The main background was inked with Distress Inks and then embossed with the Rows of Bows Pinpoint A4 embossing folder by Sue Wilson. The dies I used were  Sue Wilson's classic bow die, it does make a lovely bow , the Faux Quilled leaves and the Delicate daisies die set. I made the tiny envelope myself and stamped a little sentiment.
 
I used some Creative Expressions stamps to make this background I wanted it to reflect what I had put on the back of the card,
 
This weekend it is Keith's Dad's 90th Birthday. The big family party is happening on Sunday and on the actual day a group of his friends have a celebration planned. On a different note my cousin applied for our Great Uncle William's name to be read out at an event at  the Tower of London honouring those who fell in World War 1, his name will be read out tomorrow.
 
I hope you all have a good weekend.
 
Happy crafting.
 
Hugs Jackie
 
 
 

9 comments:

pam said...

hi Jackie, sounds like you are having PC trouble..thats my one dread when you do blogs and stuff.. hope you get one sorted soon.
beautiful card, gorgeous colours and love those flowers.
hugs pam

ALI said...

Great card. love the ice cream colours.

Alison59 said...

This is delightful and I love the envelope too :-)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie...Stunning card...Love the pretty flowers....Joolsx

Carole Z said...

HI Jackie, sorry you are having PC problems, hope you get it sorted soon, love your card, the flowers are so pretty and the envelope is really lovely, hugs Carole Z X

Dips said...

Gorgeous, summery neopolitan card, Jackie, very fresh and pretty. Sounds like you've got a really interesting weekend to enjoy. Hope your PC problems are sorted soon!

Anonymous said...

lovely card, the flowers are so pretty

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Jackie, lovely colours with such pretty flowers and delicate bow and envelope.

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
Oh no hope the PC problems get sorted soon , what a pain. Great card today in such summery colours, really pretty. How lovely your uncle is being remembered at the Tower of London , the poppy instillation there looks stunning, hopefully will get to visit it. Have a great weekend. Love Diane xxxx