Followers

Monday 29 September 2014

Beautiful Flowers

Hi Bloggers

How are you all feeling? I know so many people with colds and I have had one myself. That meant lots of the things that I wanted to get done at the weekend didn't happen. But the new computer is up and running. The next task is to try to get the data from the old computer and there is a lot of data to sort out.

Today's card was made for an appeal by Jo Austin, on her Facebook page, she knows a local girl who was involved in a bad accident that left her in a coma. The girl is now making a slow recovery. She and her family have been getting some comfort from handmade cards that had been sent to them.


When we were on holiday in Devon we had a trip to Bude and there was not one but three Craft Shops. In one of them I bought a pretty flowery mask which I have waiting to use for a while. I used it to create the background by inking through it with distress inks onto white card. Then I inked round the edge with a darker colour. Then I used the mask to emboss a piece of pale mauve card. 

I thought that the  Delicate daises dies by Sue Wilson matched the mask beautifully so I cut several sets and stuck them together before inking them. I teamed them with  Faux Quilled Leaves also by Sue Wilson.

The sentiment was from a Sentimentally Yours stamps set by Phill Martin. Everything was assembled with CS dries clear PVA. I added the centres to the flowers with CS Shimmer Purple Violet Pearl PVA. 


I created the insert by putting a plain piece of paper in the middle of a piece of paper before I inked through the  flowery mask again with slightly lighter ink. The sentiment is a Clarity one and I have started inking with two colours I think it gives a nice effect.

I posted this card today so it should be there soon. It is lovely how sending a nice card can make a difference to someone. 

I hope you all have a good week.

Happy Crafting






15 comments:

Andree said...

A really pretty card. The daisies are gorgeous and I love how you've used the flower mask to create the background and insert x

Nataliascraft said...

This card is so beautiful, love the design and pretty flowers and fabulous background x

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Really pretty design, love the flowers, Px

pam said...

hi Jackie, fabulous card..love the flowers and leafs ..would you believe this I did a card last week using these, for the first time. will blog maybe tomorrow when she receives the card..
hugs pam

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning flowers! I love how you colored them and those adorable leaf die cuts. Cheers, Holley

Jackie said...

This is such a pretty card, and for a deserving cause too :o)
Jackie xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, loving the flowers and sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alison59 said...

A fabulously beautiful creation :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a gorgeous card Jackie.
Gr Karin

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, I love the flowers and how you've created the background...stunning! Hugs Carole Z X

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.xxx

Laine said...

Such a kind thought and a beautiful creation Jackie.
Laine
xx

Katie said...

Beautiful card Jackie and a lovely sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Great project, those flowers are great

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie. Beautiful what a really pretty mask and I love your insert. Hugs Diane xxx