Followers

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Valentine's Day Card ( a bit late).

I made this for my husband so I didn't want it to be too girly.  I love putting colours together so there is lots of matting and layering going on.  I often use Centura Pearl card as I love the sheen that it gives. Black card helps to make a project more dramatic and a bit more manly. The white Centura Pearl card is embossed with a 6 x  Embossalicious  embossing folder (they fit thorough my Big Shot) the edge is inked with Red Berries Distress ink. The hearts are cut in two pieces from a Spellbinders Die d-lite. First I cut the background and covered it with a double sided sticky sheet and then I used Indigo blue gilding flakes to make it shine. The filigree  design was cut from red card to match the card blank. I used red sticky tape and Aleene's Turbo tacky glue to stick it all together. the sentiment is one I had in my stash that I have wanted an excuse to use for a while. The final touch was to use Tulip beads in a bottle to put the pearls in the corner.

Thanks for taking a look.


No comments: